My Right Turning Signal Light Failed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csriram45

After just 5 months of ownership, today my rear right blinker failed. I do not know if its just a bulb that has gone bad or some circuit issue but I get the "bulb out" fast blinking sound. The right rear turn light does not seem to come on. Its either a bulb or a circuit issue but it does not make sense that the issue occured so soon. My 10 year old car still has all lights working so something to fail in just 5 months is unacceptable.

This was the first time my Leaf was in heavy rain and the turn signal failed. Will Nissan warranty cover that? Any ideas on how to go about fixing or replacing it?

Thx

It's probably just a burnt out bulb. They should last much longer as you say, but replacement should be an easy fix. I would think the dealer would do it on warranty, since if it did burn out in 5 months, that is due to a defective part and not normal "wear and tear" or user abuse.

TT

In the electronics world we call it infant mortality. It happens.

csriram45 said:
After just 5 months of ownership, today my rear right blinker failed. My 10 year old car still has all lights working so something to fail in just 5 months is unacceptable.

Had this happen to me recently but on an '09 VW Routan and would have thought it was under warranty but most bulbs are on a shorter (1 yr / 12K ) warranty with VW so it cost me $28 ... not a big deal but still; I have a '99 Miata that I only recently changed the center third brake light bulb (12 years old now) so would assume these last longer. It was the same scenario although both front and rear lights were dim, not totally out so wasn't sure if it was a short or a bulb. Your LEAF is only 5 months so should still be covered, if you don't have time to bring it in you could see how difficult it is to swap a bulb -- they don't cost much again but still ... I have noticed that almost all the new incandescent bulbs are cheaper looking made in China models with perhaps poor quality control but as this is the first we've seen this perhaps limited to 1 in a few thousand

Yeah... I dont have an issue getting it replaced if its simple enough. I am yet to read the manual to see how easy or difficult it is. Will call my Nissan dealer to check as well.. My 6 months service is coming up as well so might just combine the two...

thats obviualsy normal for a car because not all manufactured are gurrtenteed to last more than 5 months and really it wouldnt be nissan's flaut because practically nissan wouldn't/or would make those bulb's for the nissan leaf but it is kind of funny for a blub that lasts for five month's like image your nissan leaf lasting for five month's now tht's epic!!!! :lol:

csriram45 said:
My 6 months service is coming up as well so might just combine the two...

Your 6 mos. service? I'm not aware of any at 6 months. There's a tire rotation at 7500 miles and a yearly battery pack check. Depending on how dirty your A/C filter is, I would think once a year for that too. Perhaps your dealer just wants some extra cash?

LEAFfan said:
csriram45 said:
My 6 months service is coming up as well so might just combine the two...

Your 6 mos. service? I'm not aware of any at 6 months. There's a tire rotation at 7500 miles and a yearly battery pack check. Depending on how dirty your A/C filter is, I would think once a year for that too. Perhaps your dealer just wants some extra cash?

I might have been mistaken as I thought it was 6 months or 7500 miles. I have 5500 miles on mine so would hit 7500 in another month and a half..... Oh well I got to get the turn signal fixed for sure. Considering its the rear one... I can see that most people are not realizing that I am gonna turn or merge...

Back