Bluetooth issue - no sound on incoming calls

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TickTock

I have a Galaxy S vibrant phone and have an issue in that i often am unable to hear the audio for in-coming calls. They can hear me and I have no issues when I originate the call (from the phone or from the car phonebook) but when a call comes in, half the time it doesn't work. I never connect to the USB so it's not related to that. Anyone else experience this issue?

I had a similar problem with a Samsung Droid Charge. I'd answer a call, and for a second or two, I'd hear audio from the call, but then that would quit, and, because I'd usually have the radio or music on, the radio would come back up. At first I thought it was dropping the call, but after a couple of times I realized that the call was still going, and that if I grabbed the phone and clicked on the bluetooth button on the screen, I could talk via the phone--kinda defeats the hands-free thing, but it worked.

Since the Galaxy is also a Samsung phone, maybe it's due to the same problem. There was a workaround that I used that stopped it, you might want to give it a try: With BT off, open settings->application->running services. Then start bluetooth, and go back to running servcies. Scroll through until you see the BT services (they have the BT icon). There were two, and one had "PB" in the title (possibly for phone book). Click on that guy and kill it.

And that's it. Worked...most of the time. Some times, I think whatever problem that thing caused remained if I didn't get to it quick enough.

I don't have that problem any more, as I'm running a leaked copy of Android 2.3.5. The Bluetooth works without issue, and the service names have changed.

Note that I didn't have any such problems with my old OG Droid, nor does my wife with her Droid 2 Global. Seems to be a Samsung problem with some car systems (google for it and you'll find other folks having issues, which is how I found this workaround).

Hope this helps.

Yes, I get the same thing on a Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile branded Galaxy). I haven't tested all the possibilities to be sure what works and what doesn't. But if I'm listening to music streaming over Bluetooth when a call comes in then I cannot hear them. If audio is off I can hear them. If I'm listening to audio coming in through the AUX jack then I can hear them. I think if I'm listening to music from a USB stick then I cannot hear them. I don't know what happens if I'm listening to FM, AM, or XM.

I think it works better if I answer the call (inconveniently) by pressing the button on the phone; the call still comes over the car's speaker and mike. And it works worse if I answer the call by pressing the car's on-screen or steering wheel button. Lots of combinations to try before I'm ready to report the bug to Nissan and listen to them blame Samsung and them blame Google and them blame Nissan... :-( But if someone has already reported it, thanks, and I'll just phone Nissan to say "me too."

This issue occurs to me even when I have the radio off which is typical (usually too deep in thought to think to turn on the radio). Which brings me to another, possibly related, issue. Sometimes (not always) my phone starts the music player app when it established a bluetooth connection to the Leaf - even though I never turned on the radio. Since the radio is off and the audio is being sent via blutooth, I don't notice until I turn off the car, the bluetooth link is stopped and suddenly my phone start piping music out the speaker. This is a pretty neat feature if it worked properly (turn on bluetooth audio in the car and your phone starts the music automatically) but it appears a bit buggy.

Back