make my prius a LEAF = poof it's a Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/10/the-halo-effect-of-electric-vehicles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nissan says that 18% of the customers purchasing a Leaf are trading in a Prius. And 38% of Leaf buyers are trading in a Prius or another Toyota.
Keys looked into whether both Chevrolet’s and Nissan’s ability to attract customers is a result of their respective EVs being new models. She looked at the Chevrolet Cruze and Nissan Juke, which also are new models. They had conquest rates of 48% and 65%, respectively.
Speaking of the Volt and the Leaf, Keys said, “These two high-profile launches have been successful in bringing new customers to the brand, and that may have long-term benefits in terms of make loyalty and customer retention.”

Or it means that prius customers are more likely to comprehend how great it is go without gasoline and none of this has squat to do with brand loyalty.

Gee, did he buy the Leaf because it was the only electric car on the market or did he buy it because it was a Nissan? Gosh, that is something we'll need to study further. Duh.

with her yellow stickers obsolete, after one week of commuting for over an hour on 101, one of my co-workers traded in her Prius for a Leaf. her one and only reason was to get that white sticker to use the HOV lanes.

which I guess means that law is working...

earther said:
with her yellow stickers obsolete, after one week of commuting for over an hour on 101, one of my co-workers traded in her Prius for a Leaf. her one and only reason was to get that white sticker to use the HOV lanes.

Confession time... the main reason that I actually bought my Leaf is for the stickers. In fact, it replaces a 2007 Prius that I bought used in late 2007 for one reason only: for its stickers!

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy driving the Prius and then Leaf or the respective energy savings. However...

[Let those tomatoes fly! :lol: ]

I was thinking about this yesterday while reading about the autism-car pollution link.. perhaps its time to increase the number of HOV lanes in LA. How would that fly?.. riots?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203733504577024000381790904.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"As roadways choke on traffic, researchers suspect that the tailpipe exhaust from cars and trucks—especially tiny carbon particles already implicated in heart disease, cancer and respiratory ailments—may also injure brain cells and synapses key to learning and memory."

Herm said:
I was thinking about this yesterday while reading about the autism-car pollution link.. perhaps its time to increase the number of HOV lanes in LA. How would that fly?.. riots?
If you're referring to changing regular lanes into HOV as opposed to adding lanes, riots would be close to the truth. As I recall, one of the first carpool lanes in LA was on the 405 between the San Franando Valley and Santa Monica. Caltrans changed the fast line into the carpool lane, taking away a regular lane. There was such a backlash that it was changed back and ever since there has not been a lane conversion, only lane additions in California. This also delayed additional carpool lanes by several years.

Still today, there are a lot of people who think carpool lanes are the work of the devil!

Actually, it was the I10, but you are right. Caltrans learned from that and realized that you could not take away a lane to make a HOV, you had to add a lane!

DoxyLover said:
Herm said:
If you're referring to changing regular lanes into HOV as opposed to adding lanes, riots would be close to the truth. As I recall, one of the first carpool lanes in LA was on the 405 between the San Franando Valley and Santa Monica. Caltrans changed the fast line into the carpool lane, taking away a regular lane. There was such a backlash that it was changed back and ever since there has not been a lane conversion, only lane additions in California. This also delayed additional carpool lanes by several years.
Still today, there are a lot of people who think carpool lanes are the work of the devil!

DoxyLover said:
earther said:

Confession time... the main reason that I actually bought my Leaf is for the stickers. In fact, it replaces a 2007 Prius that I bought used in late 2007 for one reason only: for its stickers!

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy driving the Prius and then Leaf or the respective energy savings. However...

[Let those tomatoes fly! :lol: ]

No tomato tossing here. It's the same reason I traded my 2005 Civic Hybrid for a LEAF. In addition to the economics, the LEAF and it's white stickers, saves me well over an hour every work day with my commute. Time is money, eh?

Back