Climate Control Energy Use Display Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAM

For the past couple of days, I have noticed that even though the climate control energy use display shows NO energy use (only the fan was in operation), the text above the display says "turn off climate control for +10 miles".
This happens from a "cold start" as well as when mode is switched while driving.
I did turn the temperature down to 62 (on a 74 degree day) to ensure the heater was not going to activate. A/C was "off".
Anyone else have this issue?

GerryAZ said:
I just noticed the same thing this morning (+3 miles).
I have only noticed it in the first slow downhill mile after leaving our home. Always attributed it to the confused mathematics of very low climate control consumption divided by even lower (and usually negative) drive consumption. It seems to smooth out and make some sense after we drive a ways and the computer gets some representative history.

i see it all the time. not sure its a bug. when you do turn on something that will lower the range, the estimate changes immediately. now as we all know, the power consumption meter can take much longer time as it ramps up power to the heater or whatever.

the range does not ramp down as the power ramps up, so we can take this display quirk to be just as quirky as planning a 90 mile trip because you turned the car on in the morning and it told you you had 100 miles of range.

Back