How to shut off shutdown sound and charging while parked

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azrael1234

2 part question:

1) I was wondering if there's a way to turn off the shutdown sound. The reason I'm asking is that I have a newborn, and she'll fall asleep in the car when i'm driving, but when I power down the car the shutdown sound can wake/stir her up.

2) Semi-related, I drove up to an L2 evse today, but just put my car in park. I didn't want to shut my car off completely for the reason above (figured I'd just get some L2 charge while she was sleeping). I parked, and plugged in, but charging didn't take place. I was wondering if there's anyway to make this work? I guess if I can figure out how to turn off that darn sound, it wouldn't matter much.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Shutdown sound matches the Startup sound, and you change both from the dash buttons on the left (not the Nav system).

After trying all the sounds, "None" is my favorite. The car ticks and clicks plenty when you turn it on... doesn't need kabuki theater to go with it.

The car has to be off to charge.

Back