Missing Fuses?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csriram45

Hi,

I bought my Leaf in April 2011. In Jan 2012 I had to reset my carwings due to connectivity issues using the method described in this post http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. During that time I think the picture matched how I saw my in my Leaf. My carwings again had issue 2 weeks back and I finally decided to do the step again and I noticed the pictures as below.

Is this how others too have their in the Nissan Leaf or am I missing some fuses now? The only difference between Jan and now is that I had give my Leaf for the 7500 mile service at a dealership so wondering if fuses went missing then?

Any one else Leaf matches like mine or do you think I should ask the dealership about missing fuses?

Images below
LeaFFuse1.jpg

LeafFuse2.jpg

You might not be missing fuses, they might not actually be needed. You'd need to first verify that your vehicle has the same options and accessories as the other one pictured. Other than that, if everything seems to be working then it's a safe bet you have all the fuses you need.

Maybe I'm missing it, but the owner's manual does not describe what each fuse is for...
=Smidge=

Mine is a 2011 SL and I don't think there were too many other options. Like I said, I might not need them but I just want to confirm. I was caught a bit by surprise when they looked different which If I remember wasnt the case first time around..

csriram45 said:
Mine is a 2011 SL and I don't think there were too many other options. Like I said, I might not need them but I just want to confirm. I was caught a bit by surprise when they looked different which If I remember wasnt the case first time around..

If you take the top of the fuse box off and look inside it has a diagram of fuses. When in doubt just buy a box of various amperage fuses and plug them into the slots provided for them. Remember that there are more than one fuse box locations on the Leaf.

YMMV, GL

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
csriram45 said:

If you take the top of the fuse box off and look inside it has a diagram of fuses. When in doubt just buy a box of various amperage fuses and plug them into the slots provided for them. Remember that there are more than one fuse box locations on the Leaf.

YMMV, GL

Dave

I did the opposite and removed few fuses of various amperage and car still runs

Have you looked to see if any of your wiring is missing in the car as well? If you noticed one was gone a simple check of what the fuse does would answer the question. Some cars put spare fuses in positions in the box and I doubt most LEAF owners are periodically checking to see if some fuses are missing. I did notice a few ounces of my coolant was gone though. Some animals collect red fuses.

According to the markings inside the cover:

The "missing" fuses (one 10A fuse at upper right and two 10A at lower left) are apparently for DTRL ("Day Time Running Lights" I presume, and not in my SL either).

The "added" 10A fuse at center left is apparently for the "Anti Theft Horn" (is also present in my SL).

garygid said:
According to the markings inside the cover:

The "missing" fuses (one 10A fuse at upper right and two 10A at lower left) are apparently for DTRL ("Day Time Running Lights" I presume, and not in my SL either).

The "added" 10A fuse at center left is apparently for the "Anti Theft Horn" (is also present in my SL).

Don't Canadian LEAFs come with the daytime running light modification? Anti-theft horn must be for a factory option that didn't get included this year, maybe. At any rate this gives you two additional fused positions for you with attach electronic stuff. I'm thinking maybe a set of those bull testicles with the built-in red LEDs that you can hang from your bunmper. At least you can do that here in Tennessee. Don't know about you'all out there on the Left Coast :)

All the 2011s have the anti-theft horn which is in the front right side wheel well area. It is the same miserable horn as the regular service horn (some tie the alarm horn connection to the new main service horns when performing the service horn lobotomy). I can't vouch for where or not the 1012s still come with this horn... Maybe it went the way of the glove box light in 2012...

CWO4Mann said:
Anti-theft horn must be for a factory option that didn't get included this year, maybe.

Back