mahout
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2014

Re: Maintenance Tire warning.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

mpm3710 wrote:I had noticed when starting up my Leaf I get a "Maintenance Tire" with a wheel icon display warning. I never noticed it before. But then I got a update when I took my Leaf in last month and was wondering if that is part of the update and it is just a system check light when starting up? It doesn't stay on and that is why I thought it is just a check light. Would anyone know of this? Or is this a legitimate warning and it means my tire pressure is low or something of that nature? I checked my revised manual and I found nothing about the "Maintenance Tire" light.

Could it be the TPMS monitoring system? If so inflate your tire to at least 30psig and see if the warning lite goes out.
And of course there is also the possibility that the sensor has lost its signal and have to be generated again by a dealer, tire or Nissan. There are 4 suppliers so only your Nissan dealer is likely to have the right one(s_.

tiggen
Delivery Date: 28 Aug 2014

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 am

Just got this warning on my way home yesterday as the car turned 5,000 miles. My question:

If the manual says that tires do not have to be rotated until 7500 miles, yet you can program the interval at which the car reminds you to do this, why isn't it programmed to 7500 miles?

Is it just me and my distrust of dealerships or is it possible that they went in and set it for 5000 miles so that they could get me in the service shop sooner/more often?

<thumbs down>

kentklineman
Delivery Date: 25 May 2017

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:02 pm

I have the same problem and the car has 18k on it. Maybe the tires have not been rotated? I also have two clocks that are not synced to one another--the one above the steering wheel is correct, the one on the display where music, etc. is, is a couple hours off. What do we do? I'm going to tell the dealer and check when the last tire rotation was.

kentklineman
Delivery Date: 25 May 2017

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:02 pm

ps, it's a 2015 that I just bought last week with 18k.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

kentklineman2014 wrote:I have the same problem and the car has 18k on it. Maybe the tires have not been rotated? I also have two clocks that are not synced to one another--the one above the steering wheel is correct, the one on the display where music, etc. is, is a couple hours off. What do we do? I'm going to tell the dealer and check when the last tire rotation was.

Which trim level do you have?

On all trims, there's a dummy maintenance reminder that you can set that's on the small b&w display in the dash. You can set it to whatever mileage interval you want (of the choices and intervals it gives) or disable it and reset it whenever you want.

For SV and SL, on the nav system, there is yet another set that is linked to the above.

The car has no idea whether you rotated the tires or not. There's no reason to visit the dealer over these reminders.

As for clock sync, on SV and SL, I don't think what you describe is possible. The nav system clock and eyebrow clock IIRC can't get out of sync on '13+ SV and SL. I can't speak to S trim.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

tiggen wrote:Just got this warning on my way home yesterday as the car turned 5,000 miles. My question:

If the manual says that tires do not have to be rotated until 7500 miles, yet you can program the interval at which the car reminds you to do this, why isn't it programmed to 7500 miles?

Is it just me and my distrust of dealerships or is it possible that they went in and set it for 5000 miles so that they could get me in the service shop sooner/more often?

<thumbs down>

Who knows? Anyone can set it to whatever they want.

'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

carbuff
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2017

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 am

I have almost 17,000 on my 2015 Leaf. I never had a problem until i took my car to a Nissan dealer for my yearly battery check. Now my maintenance tire warning light comes on every time the car is started. I think the way I will solve the problem is to trade my car in on a Chevy Volt or a Bolt . When I first bought my Leaf the Nissan dealer located less than 2 miles from me they had 2 Leaf Techs now they have "NONE". I now have to drive over 45 miles (one way) to have my car serviced. I barley make it back home even when they give me a 80% charge. This is why a Chevy Volt or Chevy Bolt is looking better every mile I drive my Leaf.

cwerdna

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:05 pm

carbuff wrote:I have almost 17,000 on my 2015 Leaf. I never had a problem until i took my car to a Nissan dealer for my yearly battery check. Now my maintenance tire warning light comes on every time the car is started. I think the way I will solve the problem is to trade my car in on a Chevy Volt or a Bolt .

You can easily reset the dummy reminder, change the interval or disable it. If it's the dash display, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3vL0fLVpc.

If you have nav and it's coming up on the nav system, press Menu then Info then Maintenance to adjust, reset, etc. See page 6-3 of your nav manual.
carbuff wrote:I now have to drive over 45 miles (one way) to have my car serviced. I barley make it back home even when they give me a 80% charge. This is why a Chevy Volt or Chevy Bolt is looking better every mile I drive my Leaf.

Charge it to 100%. Use Plugshare to find stations along the way.

'06 Prius

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”