ChrisH
Delivery Date: 25 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 019859

Re: I-key system fault

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:02 am

My understanding is that it was the traction battery that was dead, although the dealer did not specify and just said completely dead battery. My understanding is that the 12v would have been working fine since the radio, instrumentation panels, lights, etc. were all operational.

DarkStar wrote:
ChrisH wrote:Great link. what isn't clear is if the unit 'up-converts' 120v to 240v, or if it simply adds another adapter for 240v plug. This looks like it may be the economical answer to a fixed 240v EVSE unit, which are quoted @ about $2k, installed by Nissan.

I'd probably have to just buy one outright, as I couldn't be without the 120v charger for an extended period of time unless I was travelling and didn't need the use of the vehicle.

Thanks for posting this. :D

ztanos wrote:Problem solved http://evseupgrade.com/, this will give you 240v and you can still use it for 120v if you wanted to. No expensive install needed.

The unit does no conversion at all. 120v in, 120v out or 240v in, 240v out.

If you are charging the vehicle fine though with just the 120v plug there is no reason to go to 240v. Also, can you clarify if it was your regular 12v battery that went dead or the 400v traction battery? Thanks!

DTB
Delivery Date: 06 May 2011

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 am

It sounds like you drove the car until it went into turtle mode and then had it towed home. Then you plugged it in to charge but it didn't charge. The fact that it wouldn't go into Ready mode is normal since you drove it until you hit turtle mode and still hadn't charged the batteries back-up. If the EVSE that came with the car doesn't have any lights (not even the green light) that means that there either isn't any power to the outlet or the unit is bad. Doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the car.

mynameisjim
Delivery Date: 17 Jul 2012
Leaf Number: 23226

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:37 pm

I just received this fault along with a few others while sitting in the car (not driving but ready).

The following messages were displayed: Visit Dealer, I-Key System Fault, and When parked apply parking brake.

The following warning lights were displayed: Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) warning light, BRAKE system warning light (yellow), and Electric shift control system warning light.

I turned the car off, waited a few minutes, and turned the car back on. After the "reboot" the I-Key System Fault remained but other faults were not displayed.

Dealers are closed on Sundays but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Redleif
Delivery Date: 17 Oct 2014

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Hey there,

I've just received the I-key fault with the "Parking Brake" warning too. Our dealer has no idea so far (24hrs in). How was your fault resolved?

RagingDork
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2015
Leaf Number: 404849

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 pm

I just had this problem when my 12 volt battery died (pretty new battery) while plugged into my l2 charger for about a day. I ended up jumping it with a battery charger which got it working again but with i-key error. Disconnecting the negative terminal and reconnecting it fixed it. Hope this helps someone

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”