Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Carwings hasn't worked for me since the 6th (charge completed email and text). When I get into the car and try to connect it says "connection failed". I take it that nobody else is having the same problem, being as I've not heard anything about it on the board?

mwalsh said:
Carwings hasn't worked for me since the 6th (charge completed email and text). When I get into the car and try to connect it says "connection failed". I take it that nobody else is having the same problem, being as I've not heard anything about it on the board?
I've used it since the 6th. I will say that it *always* says "Connection Failed" when I try to sign in, but also always works on the second try.

There's a Technical Service Bulletin out for the early cars. The problem is the Telematics Communications Unit (TCU) giving up after X number of failed connections. The fix is a firmware update. According to Nissan CS, it applies to all cars with serial number less than 5000.

Instead of pulling the 12 volts, you can pull the fuse for just that subsystem. F34, according to a quick search. Somewhere, there's a photo.

Ah. Here it is: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964#p134464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gbarry42 said:
Instead of pulling the 12 volts, you can pull the fuse for just that subsystem. F34, according to a quick search. Somewhere, there's a photo.

Ah. Here it is: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964#p134464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good stuff. Thanks!

Edit: Worked a treat!

mwalsh said:
I guess I'll have to take it in for at least the one TSB then.
It appears your vehicle meets all of the criteria for receiving TB-11-41a:
TB-11-41a said:
APPLIED VEHICLES: 2011 LEAF (ZE0)
APPLIED VINS: Vehicles built before JN1AZ0CP(*)BT005518
APPLIED DATES: Vehicles built before June 1, 2011

I haven't been able to get status updates or remotely start climate control once an update around 7 pm last night, the 15th. Any one else having problems or have any tips? I get vehicle communication errors. I am sure my software is up to date as I took delivery late March 2012.

I went to the Carwings screens on the car and had it log in again. After some communication and an activation successful message it looks like it is working again.

I see a few threads on CARWINGS connectivity and while most of the time I can get easily get updates, but the remote climate control timer option doesn't always appear to work so I'm trying to just use the in-car climate control timer version as I would typically leave the same time of day during the week (and of course Chicago may hit 101 today!). I see it only does 10 minute increments versus the CW system allows a bit more flexibility; really only need about 5 minutes of pre-cooling, so we'll see. The interesting aspect is that last night CW showed my climate control was 'on' but it wasn't and yesterday it showed my CC timer as set but went out to a hot car. Anyone else running into this lately? Not sure if a system reset would help (or even recommended) and I have had the software update completed (several months ago along with the snow shield thing).

Back