Range Issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HaoleBilt said:
I've always been a tuned/modded car guy who drove hard and autcrossed. This is my first foray into this world. I did almost buy a Prius a couple years back but opted for my Corolla S.
Even my truck is tuned/modded with a CAI intake, supercharger and full exhaust to go with a leveling kit & old school wheels and oversized tires. :mrgreen:

So what will be your first mod to your Leaf, I wonder? And will you be autocrossing it? ;)

Doubtful on the auto crossing. Trying to figure out if I want to drop down 2 inches or so.

First mod non sticker related will be the led Fog light bulbs I ordered :idea:

GerryAZ said:
Yes, to put the temperatures in a little different perspective: My battery was at 8 temperature bars when I got in this morning at 6:30 AM. My car is parked under covered parking all day and the dash display showed 118 degrees F when I got in to come home at 6:00 PM (8 temperature bars for the battery). I saw 120 F for part of the trip home, but the battery stayed at 8 temperature bars as long as it had air flow on the freeway; it climbed to 9 temperature bars after a mile or so on surface streets.

Again, I think HaoleBilt will have no issues with the 2015 in Hawaii for a long time.

yep, its this 24/7 heat that is the killer. I have baked my pack as high as 126.2 and over 120 several dozen times and still no signs of degradation. But I am only at that for a few hours, a couple times up to 6-7 hours at a time but the pack cools off pretty fast usually due to ambients generally no higher than the mid 80's (although it was 102 on Sunday here but only one QC that did push it over 120 but then the overnight was in the 50's so only in the mid 80's by very early (2:30 AM) the next morning when I left for work.

Back