Ways to measure regen energy?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyEV

On the new Leaf 2018, where to check how much regen energy I used? Let's say I finished a route ( A ) and I want to know how much khw I used to drive and also how much regen I put back on the battery ( distance or Khw ).

Thank you.

In the owner's manual, page 5-131, there's mention of an Eco Drive Report. Perhaps that gives the information you're looking for.

LEAF Spy Pro logs have a regen counter. Simply reset it for each trip or mark the time for each trip (should be obvious with the zero speed readings...)

FYI; There is a glitch of sorts where the charging is now being logged as regen so if you charge in the middle of the trip, youi will have to deduct the power added.

alozzy said:
In the owner's manual, page 5-131, there's mention of an Eco Drive Report. Perhaps that gives the information you're looking for.

Eco drive report is same as Prius drive report. It shows yours miles/kwh rating in 5 min blocks.

LEAF Spy shows wh/ mile in one mile blocks. Much more detail

MikeyEV said:
On the new Leaf 2018, where to check how much regen energy I used? Let's say I finished a route ( A ) and I want to know how much khw I used to drive and also how much regen I put back on the battery ( distance or Khw ).

Thank you.

If you are looking at overall power usage, the Status screen will give you

distance
time
average speed
miles/kwh

For regen, you will have to use LEAF Spy. see post below (or above maybe...)

I don't know what CARWINGS will provide. It used to show similar stats but they were a bit overblown.

DaveinOlyWA said:
MikeyEV said:

Thank you.

If you are looking at overall power usage, the Status screen will give you

distance
time
average speed
miles/kwh

For regen, you will have to use LEAF Spy. see post below (or above maybe...)

I don't know what CARWINGS will provide. It used to show similar stats but they were a bit overblown.

The Nissan EV app has regen information. I can't figure out how to upload images, but it shows the Wh/km used by the motor, the Wh/km you typically get from regen, the Wh/km your accessories are using, and then a rating out of 5 for each. There's also a calendar that shows you data for particular days.

Back