# of miles before losing the first battery capacity bar

0-10,000
6%
16
10,001-20,000
25%
63
20,001-30,000
34%
87
30,001-40,000
23%
59
40,001-50,000
7%
17
50,001-60,000
3%
7
60,001+
2%
6
 
Total votes: 255
TimLee
Posts: 2810
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:35 am

lorenfb wrote:... Both time & mileage are factors of the Leaf battery degradation
but the contribution of each, given the present data, is unknown.

For the 2011 / 2012 battery a lot of data has been collected, a good model has been developed by Stoaty that appears to accurately model the different contributions to capacity loss.
Your statement is incorrect for the parties that had 2011 / 2012 LEAFs.
See http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/?tit ... ging_Model

There does still need to be similar data collection done for 2013, to document how the adjusted chemistry compares to 2011 / 2012.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

lorenfb
Posts: 1069
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:54 pm

TimLee wrote:
lorenfb wrote:... Both time & mileage are factors of the Leaf battery degradation
but the contribution of each, given the present data, is unknown.

For the 2011 / 2012 battery a lot of data has been collected, a good model has been developed by Stoaty that appears to accurately model the different contributions to capacity loss.
Your statement is incorrect for the parties that had 2011 / 2012 LEAFs.
See http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/?tit ... ging_Model

There does still need to be similar data collection done for 2013, to document how the adjusted chemistry compares to 2011 / 2012.


A longitudinal study of only two years hardly meets most robust academic research methodologies.
Furthermore, most would consider the results as having been fairly intuitive from the onset
and based on the previously done battery research as was referenced in the report linked to.

TimLee
Posts: 2810
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:15 am

lorenfb wrote:A longitudinal study of only two years hardly meets most robust academic research methodologies.
Furthermore, most would consider the results as having been fairly intuitive from the onset
and based on the previously done battery research as was referenced in the report linked to.

OK.
But that does not make the individual contributions unknown.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

KJD
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am
Delivery Date: 08 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 15656
Location: SLC, UT
Contact: Website

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:50 am

lorenfb wrote:A longitudinal study of only two years hardly meets most robust academic research methodologies.
Furthermore, most would consider the results as having been fairly intuitive from the onset
and based on the previously done battery research as was referenced in the report linked to.

Feel free to collect your own data and publish your robust academic research here.
2012 SL Delivered 12/08/2011
Sold 05/12/2015
2012 Tesla Model S 85

Turnover
Gold Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 410371
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:08 pm

I am now at 31,000 miles and still have all twelve bars on the Leaf's gauge. However, for the last 500 miles my Leaf Link app shows 11 bars on the graph while the SOC Leaf Link reading is 12 bars. Does this mean I am about to loose a bar?
2012 SL:
03/30/16 43,300 mi - 383 QC's & 2467 L1/L2's 79% SOH
2013 SV (#410371) - Purchased 4/25/2016:
4/28/16 18,115 mi- 4 QC's & 705 L1/L2's 97% SOH
2/18/17 28,756 mi- 66.17 AHr, SOH 100%, Hx 101.45% 284 GiDs

adspguy
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 018978
Location: Newton, MA

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am

Turnover wrote:I am now at 31,000 miles and still have all twelve bars on the Leaf's gauge. However, for the last 500 miles my Leaf Link app shows 11 bars on the graph while the SOC Leaf Link reading is 12 bars. Does this mean I am about to loose a bar?

The leaflink app has a display problem on some iphone models where it only draws 11 bars but says 12. Nothing to do with the battery. Bug in the app. on my iphone6+ it draws 11 but on my ipads, iphone 4s it still draws 12.

Turnover
Gold Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 410371
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:30 pm

adspguy wrote:
Turnover wrote:I am now at 31,000 miles and still have all twelve bars on the Leaf's gauge. However, for the last 500 miles my Leaf Link app shows 11 bars on the graph while the SOC Leaf Link reading is 12 bars. Does this mean I am about to loose a bar?

The leaflink app has a display problem on some iphone models where it only draws 11 bars but says 12. Nothing to do with the battery. Bug in the app. on my iphone6+ it draws 11 but on my ipads, iphone 4s it still draws 12.


Thanks Adsguy. I recently upgraded to a 5C iPhone when I noticed this.
2012 SL:
03/30/16 43,300 mi - 383 QC's & 2467 L1/L2's 79% SOH
2013 SV (#410371) - Purchased 4/25/2016:
4/28/16 18,115 mi- 4 QC's & 705 L1/L2's 97% SOH
2/18/17 28,756 mi- 66.17 AHr, SOH 100%, Hx 101.45% 284 GiDs

Turnover
Gold Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 410371
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Just lost one bar on the Leaf's gauge at 31,200 miles. Looks like the 5C Leaf Link reading wasn't that far off.
2012 SL:
03/30/16 43,300 mi - 383 QC's & 2467 L1/L2's 79% SOH
2013 SV (#410371) - Purchased 4/25/2016:
4/28/16 18,115 mi- 4 QC's & 705 L1/L2's 97% SOH
2/18/17 28,756 mi- 66.17 AHr, SOH 100%, Hx 101.45% 284 GiDs

Jwedd
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 421312

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Wed May 06, 2015 10:25 am

Lost my first bar sometime before 14k, after 14 months on my 2013. I have been religious about charging to 80%, and not going below 30%. Charging starts at 5 am when it is typically 40-60 degrees ambient.

I'm in a hot climate (Fresno, CA). At the 12 month check up, Nissan said I was "over 99%" on my battery.

Am glad that this is a leased vehicle, I'll surely be turning it back for the another BEV in 2 years. It has been a great vehicle for me, I love it.

John/Fresno

lipower
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 am
Delivery Date: 16 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5852
Location: Antioch, IL

Re: Poll : Number of miles before losing the first bar

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 am

Lost my first bar today at 46,664 miles on my 2012. Could not be happier with this car. Have only replaced the windshield wipers. Will need tires before winter. That is incredible. Image
• '12 Black LEAF SL Rec: 12/16/11
• GE Wattstation L2/30A
• 5.7kW Solar Array 28 Evergreen 205 w/Enphase M190
https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/pub ... /S7fx96349

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”