Gauging interest ios/android app.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTheLeaf

Hi!
My brother and I are Nissan Leaf fans and we develop ios apps part time (for other people). We are looking into expanding to android apps as well and with that in mind we wanted to gauge interest from the community on a 3rd party ios/android app for the Leaf.

Now what Carwings has switched over to NissanConnectSM EV and those of you who have experienced it we were wondering if there would be interest in a 3rd party app (ios or android) to fill any "gaps" that NissanConnectSM EV is currently lacking for you? If so what (realistic) features would you like to see?

I am also aware that there is currently an issue with leaflink possibly not working anymore due to the switch over to NissanConnectSM EV and there may be a demand there for a work around, however since it deals with Nissan's servers and I am unsure of the future of that infrastructure I am a bit hesitant.

As mentioned we are just gauging interest for now and our goal is to provide a functional and practical app for these awesome cars.
Thank you and we are looking forward to your suggestions!
Sean

I used the LeafLink app with my 2013, just to turn on the climate control before leaving the restaurant. It worked much better than Nissan's app for that purpose. Now, with a new 2016 Leaf, the LeafLink app doesn't work at all, and the email link for support seems to be unanswered. Unfortunately, the Nissan app still doesn't work all that well. Sometimes, I can get the CC turned on, but mostly not.

I'd be willing to pay for an app that worked reliably.

I would like to see something that could stop charging at 80% (or any top value we chose). Additionally, something that could take your car's location and plug that into Google Maps for routing and then send the route to the car. Better A/C control would be great and maybe could cycle on if your car were parked outside on a very hot day.

The Nissan app is so laggy, it is almost unusable. Total downgrade to the prior version that they launched the LEAF with.

LeftieBiker said:
I don't think that an app will be able to stop charging until Nissan offers that command through Nissan Connect, unfortunately.

Many WiFi connected chargers allow a stop command. Maybe it can be done with one of those.

Back