LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: AT&T 2G Death => No Clock

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 am

(My $199 to upgrade to 3G TCU so far has been a waste of $. It doesn't work. Can't sign in on the car side w/the correct "PIN" and password once logged into the owner's portal. Still waiting for a call back from Nissan EV support to confirm that the activation went ok on their end before I take it back to the dealer.)

That makes my decision for me. I don't need the telematics nearly as much in Spring/Summer/Fall as in Winter, so I'll save the money and hassle, and hope I get my Leaf v??? before next Winter gets going full blast.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 am

cwerdna wrote:Is there a DST toggle on the nav system? On my '13 SV under Settings > Clock, there's a Daylight Savings Time on/off toggle besides offsets in minutes and hours.

Yes, there is. I guess the previous poster hasn't found it yet. ;)

Incidentally, there isn't in my wife's '13 Volt - all you can do is advance/retard (depending on the season) the clock by 1 hour. :?
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 71,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Michelin MXV4 tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

tdrager
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 5917

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:24 am

Paid $199 for the TCU upgrade. Get error message "Failed to connect" to CARWINGS. It has been to the dealer three times. This third time, dealer was able to enter the VIN, TCU ID etc into the TCU. It still failed to connect. Now those fields are full of asterisks and the TCU is not registered on the AT&T network.Triple-verified my CARWINGSuser ID (PIN) and password.

Has anyone else had success with the upgraded TCU's? What's the secret?

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:39 am

tdrager wrote:Paid $199 for the TCU upgrade. Get error message "Failed to connect" to CARWINGS. It has been to the dealer three times. This third time, dealer was able to enter the VIN, TCU ID etc into the TCU. It still failed to connect. Now those fields are full of asterisks and the TCU is not registered on the AT&T network.Triple-verified my CARWINGSuser ID (PIN) and password.

Has anyone else had success with the upgraded TCU's? What's the secret?

I had the TCU replaced three times.

I've needed to pull and replace the audio fuse once after getting a working TCU. Try this first. Get a fuse puller and remove the correct fuse, count to 10, replace. Power up the car, see if it updates charging stations. If it does, try logging in.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

tdrager
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 5917

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:37 am

No luck pulling the Audio fuse. Nissanconnect says the CARWINGS Unit ID information screen MUST be filled in with valid data for:

- TCU ID
- SIM ID
- VIN

Mine WERE valid, but now have all ******* (asterisk).

Because of this, connection to the cellular network fails immediately. Anyone know how to fill in the asterisks? (Besides the dealer)

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”