jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Re: NissanConnect EV / Telematics Hardware Update, for the post-2G world

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 am

I'm actually wishing I hadn't done it. I had finally gotten used to checking the car each day to see if it was plugged in yet (*), so I could have lived without the (normally) unreliable network access. That the 12V battery can be drained is an altogether new hassle, and I could've saved $200 by not having it done.

(*) We have 20+ shared EVSEs at work, and if I can find out if I've been plugged in yet, it can save me a walk to the parking garage.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

thebard
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:05 pm

GerryAZ wrote:
I had a couple of times in the last week without receiving plug in reminder/charge complete emails and texts and I noticed that remote climate control/status updates were no longer working. I pulled the 20-ampere fuse (number 34) for a minute or two this morning before starting the car and everything is working fine again. I hope that a future software update for the telematics unit will fix this occasional glitch, but in the mean time I can pull the fuse whenever necessary.

Someone with more automotive / electrical know-how than me: is there any way to automate this process? E.g., every time the car is shut off, cut power to that one fuse, wait ten seconds, then fire it up again? Like an in-line fuse holster with a timer relay, hooked up to something that would signal a power-off state?

Sad to consider resorting to this, but frustrating to have to pop the hood each time the Leaf stops talking to me.
Last edited by thebard on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 SV --- QC / Navigation --- Brilliant Silver

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:20 pm

In my case it has only failed twice in 6 months so it is not worth the effort to design a suitable circuit (which might cause other issues). Also, I'm not sure how long the fuse needs to be out in order to reset the telematics unit (10 seconds may not be enough.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”