VitaminJ
Delivery Date: 07 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 415775

Re: NissanConnect EV / Telematics Hardware Update, for the post-2G world

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am

In my experience pulling the fuse only works if the battery is already very weak and low on voltage. I had consistent success by pulling the negative 12v battery terminal for 5 minutes and reinstalling, and then logging in again without doing anything else.

In your case, glecko, I would guess the tech didn't complete the install or installed the wrong part as has happened to others. You pretty much want a dealer who specializes in Leafs and doesn't see them as a burden to do the upgrade. Many many Nissan dealers will try to charge more than the standard $199, will miss steps, or just plain will refuse the service. Many dealers still view EVs as the enemy.
2013 Ocean Blue SV w/ QC and LED

PM me about converting your 120v EVSE to 240v

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Stanton wrote:I must admit I'm baffled.
I did the "fuse pull" a couple of weeks ago and it restored all CW functions except Charge Complete/Stopped messages. I get all other messages...including all communication with the web and mobile app. Yes: all messages are turned "on" in the car.

I have noticed a difference in the messages received since the TCU upgrade. I have a timer set to start a charge cycle every morning at 2:10am. I used to get a text message and email every morning when the charging stopped, even if the battery was already charged (SOC at 100% when timer activated). Now, I only get the notices if charging actually occurs (starts with SOC below 100% when timer activates). I checked the settings in the car, and on the website, several times to make sure all messages are turned on. Something has changed in the way Nissan servers handle the notices received from the cars.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 pm

glecko wrote:+1 to issues with new telematics module.

I'm in a 2011 Leaf and following the telematics "upgrade" I noticed right away that I could not log in. I see the car icon with a signal-strength-type-indicator that makes me think the module is activated. I use the username(PIN) and password from the website and I consistently get "the connection to the center failed"

I have tried the fuse trick, didn't seem to help.

Without reading through 60+ pages I suppose my next options are to call Nissan or make another service appointment?

It sounds like the device was not properly activated. Refer them to Communications Bulletin PC449/PC450 date 17 November 2016. It has all the instructions for the dealer, including the correct part numbers for the various model years and the activation instructions.

I went through this same hassle with mine. The dealer failed to follow the instructions the first time around, and then could not complete the activation because they did not have the IMEI off the old TCU unit. I had to contact EV Support and get it worked up through the support chain until they were able to manually fix the problem in their system. The car sat at the dealer for seven weeks.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm

baustin wrote:The car sat at the dealer for seven weeks.

Geez! Did they give you a Leaf loaner during that time? I'd begin to get upset if I had to leave my car there more than 2 days since I'd been driving my over 11 year old Prius instead of my Leaf w/free charging at work.

Let's just hope my dealer can get whatever my issue is resolved a lot faster than that.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

essaunders
Delivery Date: 20 Jan 2012

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 am

after my TCU update in Febuary, my remote access is sporadic at best. I also still get TCU related codes. occasionally, I'll also get the 'EV system warning' light. That goes out when I cycle power (but I suspect the code that triggered the light remains in the system).

My 12V battery is weak but less than 2 years old. Not bad enough for Walmart to take it back, though. I might have to break down a get a new battery just to see if that solves all the issues. Anyone else solved their TCU issued with a new 12V battery?

thebard
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:31 am

Car is back from dealer with issue still not resolved. They & Nissan EV support both say hardware is connecting, it's an issue on Nissan's end. Phone tech cited "schema" error, whatever that is.
2013 SV --- QC / Navigation --- Brilliant Silver

Stanton
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 01 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 7458

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 am

Stanton wrote:I must admit I'm baffled.
I did the "fuse pull" a couple of weeks ago and it restored all CW functions except Charge Complete/Stopped messages. I get all other messages...including all communication with the web and mobile app. Yes: all messages are turned "on" in the car.

I figured it out and it has nothing to do with the TCU upgrade: I changed mobile providers (after I did the fuse pull) which requires an update to your CW/EV Connect messages (different carriers have different domains). It's always something!
2011 Blue Ocean SV w/floor mats & window tint
12v LiFePO4 battery & FIAMM 74100 horns
Wet Okole seat covers (front)
Tor's low-power heater mod
2013 sun visor
3G modem upgrade
L2 EVSE Upgrade
Battery Pack replaced (Rev E) @51 months and 41k miles

Zagmeister
Delivery Date: 08 Aug 2015
Leaf Number: 401161

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:36 am

"I changed mobile providers (after I did the fuse pull) which requires an update to your CW/EV Connect messages (different carriers have different domains)."

So what was the outcome? Are the "Charge Complete/Stopped" messages working now with your new mobile provider or not?

Better yet, how about folks who didn't have to upgrade the TCU (i.e., year model 2016), are they continuing to receive the Charge Complete/Stopped notifications? :roll:
2013 SV bought off lease

thebard
Delivery Date: 04 Mar 2017

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Success!

After 22 days with the new hardware, I finally got the call from Nissan EV that it was set up on their end. Sure enough, I hit "Accept", and all the options for my car showed up.

Here are the steps I took:
- Walking through the logon process step-by-step with tech support over the phone - didn't work
- Mashing the "Accept" key repeatedly - didn't work
- Deleting & re-entering the car ID & password in the navigation system - didn't work
- Taking the car back to the dealer to re-check install - didn't work
- Pulling the negative battery terminal - didn't work

- Sending an impatient email to Nissan EV - worked :lol:

Don't think I'll ever need remote climate control in SoCal, but charge interrupt notifications are worth the price of admission for me.
2013 SV --- QC / Navigation --- Brilliant Silver

glecko
Delivery Date: 03 Feb 2014
Leaf Number: 2193

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Congrats, awesome that you're in business with telematics! My car will be back in the shop tomorrow for unrelated issues and they will look into the Telematics.

Can you share the email you used and maybe some keywords we can steal to guide the conversation?
2/3/14 - Acquired previously owned 2011 SL Glacier Pearl
Name: Frosty
Blink EVSE installed/working

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”