oak
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2016

Re: NissanConnect EV / Telematics Hardware Update, for the post-2G world

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:00 pm

jlawren6 wrote:Hello to all.

I recently bought a used 13 SV and love it! 2G service here in Indianapolis stopped on 1/3, so I dropped by one of our local Nissan dealers today (Ed Martin) to inquire about the 3G TCU upgrade. The Service Rep was very helpful, took my VIN, but insisted that I need to leave the car for "40 page" pre-evaluation before they can order the new TCU. That initial appointment doesn't seem to the norm for most here when getting TCU upgrade.

Is there some internal document or number that I can point the Service Rep to in order to avoid that initial appointment. I'd like to avoid the hassle of leaving the car at the dealer twice when it appears this should be able to be done in one shot once the TCU is preordered (based on the VIN).

Also, anyone in the Indy area already have their TCU upgraded yet? I'm not opposed to going to another dealer who may be more familiar with the process, assuming I can't get my current dealer on the right track.

Thanks,

Jon

Sounds like they're trying to charge you extra money for an 'inspection' that isn't needed. The only thing they would maybe need to do is confirm that the TCU you have is actually a 2G TCU, but that should be obvious as it's a 2013 model year leaf.

I had the service done last week, and it was about 1.5 hours and a $200 co-pay. When I made the appointment, I made sure they had or would order a 3G TCU so I wouldn't have to drive the 40 mile round trip again.

I think there are some pdf's of the service sheets in previous pages of this forum thread with a lot of details that the dealers have access to.

jdcbomb
Delivery Date: 18 May 2015

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:19 am

It's now been a full 2.5 weeks since my upgrade was completed and it's still not connecting. I'm pretty confident the dealer knows what they are doing, as a number of other customers had radios working fine, and now report no connectivity.

I am planning on contacting Nissan Corp for a refund as there appears to be NO progress on resolving this issue. If it had been just even a week, that's fine. Unacceptable on the delay now going on this long and failure to communicate any updates or possible root causes.

EVFuture
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 0-12-2014

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 am

UPDATE: My 3G TCU is working correctly. I'm not sure if they updated something on the server side, it just needed more time, or if Nissan Corporate went in and manually fixed it, but it's working as expected now. I took a picture of all the ID numbers in case this happens again someday.

mschurig01

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 am

Tried to connect via portal and phone app this morning...still not working.
All zeros on display....have been on escalated list at Nissan consumer line for 11/2 weeks

dsh
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 001069

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:36 am

I contacted Nissan LEAF Customer Service and the resolution is I need to go back to the dealer and they need to "turn on" the new TCU since I had the upgrade before they shut off the 2G service. They said should only take a couple of minutes for LEAF technician to enter correct codes to turn on the new TCU.

oak
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2016

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 am

EVFuture wrote:UPDATE: My 3G TCU is working correctly. I'm not sure if they updated something on the server side, it just needed more time, or if Nissan Corporate went in and manually fixed it, but it's working as expected now. I took a picture of all the ID numbers in case this happens again someday.

How long after you called them and had it escalated did it start working again?

EVFuture
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 0-12-2014

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 am

oak wrote:
EVFuture wrote:UPDATE: My 3G TCU is working correctly. I'm not sure if they updated something on the server side, it just needed more time, or if Nissan Corporate went in and manually fixed it, but it's working as expected now. I took a picture of all the ID numbers in case this happens again someday.

How long after you called them and had it escalated did it start working again?

I had the upgrade done last Wednesday. Returned to dealership on Friday, where they resubmitted the IMEI to Nissan (they said the VIN didn't attach properly for some reason the first time). I called first thing Monday morning and escalated with Corporate. It began working Tuesday in the very early hours.

chickenwarrior
Delivery Date: 24 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 027057

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

chickenwarrior wrote:Carwings update. I use this every day. It was working last night @ 10pm EST when I last checked it. It has not worked today in multiple locations via the app or website either one. So it looks like lights out in Louisville, KY

I also contacted my local Nissan dealer in Louisville mid-December about the upgrade and they had no idea what I was talking about. I even gave them some of the info from a letter posted on this site and it didn't help them either. Said they would call me if they ever heard anything. I won't hold my breath.

CW
2012 Nissan Leaf S

****UPDATE 1/10/17****

So I called my dealer and they now know what I am talking about scheduled TCU replacement for yesterday. They called me and said it was all done by 10:00 am and to pick it up. I tried carwings app AND web interface before leaving an neither worked. I arrived at noon and they said it was ready. $199 please. I said I wanted to check it first. I went to the car and it would not update anything as far as stations or carwings. So I called the number to Nissan and pressed the telemetrics options. Spoke to a guy that said I need to re-accept the terms and conditions for it work, on a COMPUTER only. Won't work on a mobile device. So he did something to my carwings account and I accepted the terms and conditions again. It then popped up with the same Nissan Connect PIN but a different password. So I input the new password into the Carwings screen in the car. Still no luck. Can't connect. The NissanConnect Rep told me everytime he has done this for a new TCU is ALWAYS sends out a new password. Since I was still at dealer I had gave their service tech all the info and it still didn't work. So they decided it was a BAD TCU and it would be replaced under warranty, but how did I want to pay for it. Pay for it? I told them I didn't want to pay for it....it didn't work. SO they explained in order to get a warranty replacement they needed to "close the ticket" and I had to pay. I told them I didn't want the upgrade if it didn't work, but I ended up paying and they kept the car.
Also at one point I read in previous posts about the information screen having asterisks in it. When I first got in the car I took a screen shot of that screen and it was ok. After doing the terms and conditions non-sense it well to all asterisks. Then after repeating a second time all the information was back on the screen again.

Day 2 - I just got a call from dealership at 4:30pm that they replaced they TCU and you guessed it. Same thing. No Connection. After calling Nissan themselves they were told it may take up to 48 hours for it to acquire the signal. Seeing several other members on here that got that same answer and were still waiting after 48 hours. I told them to just keep the car. I will update until resolved.

mschurig01

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm so frustrated about not getting a resolution I have left my Leaf at the dealership and now have a loaner at no cost to me until the dealership and/or Nissan consumer line figure out what's wrong and fix completely!
The consumer line folks are clueless, I keep getting apologies and the claim that it has been expedited to tier 2...is that supposed to give me reassurance? NOT!!!

VitaminJ
Delivery Date: 07 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 415775

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Wow what a bummer. I'm scheduled to drop my car off Monday for the 3G upgrade I hope it's simpler for me. BTW, did you try Carwings or NissanConnectEV, the new app?
2013 Ocean Blue SV w/ QC and LED

PM me about converting your 120v EVSE to 240v

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”