My NIssanConnection EV not connecting between car and app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new leased 2016 Leaf SL, left dealer and cannot get the system connected. I set up
my account on the phone app and then entered user ID and password into the car nav system. Tells me no service. I notice the little car icon in upper right of screen has a red line through it. Did they forget to activate the TCU at the dealer? Or is there some paperwork delay that happens until the system can "see" my car. Or something else? Little frustrating so far. Appreciate any help.

Does your area have 2G wireless service?
Can the car communicate with Carwings (or whatever it is now called)?
Check to see if all the information needed is entered into your app and the car.
Hope, this is a minor problem and you enjoy the car.

Don't 2016s already come with 3G radios? I seem to remember the notification from Nissan about future radio upgrade only mentioned earlier models.

There were some other posts on here recently about issues with the 2016 models. I don't remember where, but I remember reading them.

Have you called the Nissan EV line and asked them about it?

I'm the second owner of my car. I think I had to fax in a copy of the Purchase Agreement to get mine activated.

baustin said:
There were some other posts on here recently about issues with the 2016 models. I don't remember where, but I remember reading them.

Have you called the Nissan EV line and asked them about it?

I'm the second owner of my car. I think I had to fax in a copy of the Purchase Agreement to get mine activated.

I also had to call the Nissan EV line and Email proof of purchase. They did a good job. I would advise calling them first.

Thanks,
Dan

Back