When will the LTE or 3G upgrade be out? 2G is dead

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeler

I thought there was supposed to be an upgrade modem program this summer. Anyone know what is the latest?

I asked my Dealer over the Summer during a $25 dollar tire rotation charge - did not even try to sell me a cabin air filter as they should have at 18 months drive. Service writers were not even aware of the problem of 2G Cellular access being terminated 12/31/2016? Service writer escalated in front of me to his service manager and he just raised his hands and said he is aware but no updates? My goal is to stay clear of the dealership since I feel they are not the best resource for the Leafs.

This shows how the Tesla model is far superior even though I do not have one yet but everyone at the service centers are 100% EV on-board as opposed to 0.5% at Nissan, Chevy, etc.

The manufacturer-dealer model has to die if EVs are to be pushed seriously. Nissan is giving their lead away to Tesla in the EV space. Very sad.

reeler said:
The manufacturer-dealer model has to die if EVs are to be pushed seriously. Nissan is giving their lead away to Tesla in the EV space. Very sad.

Do you really have this many EV's and a Tesla Model X - if yes - very impressive and please tell me where I can find that money tree in your backyard or better yet tell me how to grow that money tree in my front or backyard!!

rexki said:
reeler said:

Do you really have this many EV's and a Tesla Model X - if yes - very impressive and please tell me I can find that money tree in your backyard or better yet tell me how to grow that money tree in my front or backyard!!
Most people get the seeds to their money tree from their father or mother. Rarely from a friend and pretty much never find it by themselves.

rexki said:
Do you really have this many EV's and a Tesla Model X - if yes - very impressive and please tell me where I can find that money tree in your backyard or better yet tell me how to grow that money tree in my front or backyard!!

I have three kids with two that drive. My wife loves her Model X and earned every penny of it. Colorado has a $6K rebate on top of the Federal rebate so a new 2016 LEAF is about $12K with dealer discount. I don't know how folks afford expensive ICE cars. :mrgreen:

Correction, $8K for a new LEAF in Colorado.

64EyaqaDLpv833Cbiwu9lvNs9ZCVC0DgB-r6HhmfU0vbFSB9GsZun45ZLLFBc5W-q6y0lZsy1sF0PugDvp7acixVhqZuL25itbwlx1BpWvVT6xWIFVz0TlwxYA17h9dmp029AB53vvEsTeSg-MOPehizpUUviC5_Y5eI1Hs=s0-d-e1-ft

That sounds too good to be true... With the gas that you save, its almost like they are PAYING you to take the car... Either that or they are in trouble and want to unload the Leaf as a hot potato before the SHTF....

They used to sell computers at ridiculous prices right before that model was made obsolete by a new one....

Back