3G telematics unit availability?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAWesthaver

Today I went to my local Nissan dealer to ask if Nissan had released the new 3G telematics upgrade yet. It's been 7 months since I got a letter from Nissan about the impending upgrade and then nothing else...

The ATT system in my neighborhood appears to be getting upgraded piece-meal. I can no longer communicate with my Leaf when it's sitting in my driveway but it goes online as I drive it around other nearby areas.

As usual, all I got was stammering and misinformation. I was told ATT was in the process of upgrading their system and when they were finished my telematics would start working again. I had to educate them about their own car (again).

Have any of you heard anything about this? Winter is coming and I'd sure like to be able to pre-heat the car via my smartphone app like I did last winter.

I swear, I think Nissan dealers hate the Leaf and all Leaf customers. I practically had to beg them to let me lease the car in the first place and every contact after that has been awful. The car is great but they treat it like a bastard child.

- Wes

LAWesthaver said:
I swear, I think Nissan dealers hate the Leaf and all Leaf customers. I practically had to beg them to let me lease the car in the first place and every contact after that has been awful. The car is great but they treat it like a bastard child.
- Wes
Hard to make money on service on an EV, which is where their profit margin is.

Back