Battery health increasing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truro411

I've had my awesome Leaf for six weeks now. For the first four weeks or so I charged nearly exclusively via the L1 charger (some full, some partial), with a few partial charges at public L2, and no QC at all.

I got Leafspy working about three weeks ago. On that first day my Ahr/SOH/Hx were at 100% battery were:

61.243 / 98% / 94.59

Needless to say I was pleased for an 18m old car with ~34k kms.

A few days later my full charge stats dropped to:

60.46 / 97% / 93.16

I thought this to be normal, with a slight hint of "Oh no! I've been had" tempered by the great range I've been getting. The day after this reading I took my first road trip, pushing out 80km @ 90kmh one way to a public L2, doing a little touristing, and then back against a serious headwind, all no problem. A good "stress test"

Since then I've trended upwards through 98% for a few days, then 99% for a week, and I've been at 100% SOH for a couple of days now. This morning after an overnight L2 to 100% I am at:

63.21 / 100% / 97.36

After all of that my question is...is this normal? Am I seeing this right? After 2600km in 40 days my battery health seems to be topping out at maximum and I'm afraid I'm missing something.

i've read others who are smarter and more experienced at following their numbers that your battery pack is balancing up all the cells, so your readings before were lower than they should have been. but to get 100% SOH, that seems weird to me.

Even for a 2015.. unless it was never used and left at 35% charge on the lot for 18 months under cover and shade.

Back