Random Carwings Screenshots

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

So here's a screen capture from the Carwings website that shows the top 8 LEAFers and their energy efficiency...Oh, who is that in first place ? :)

This was captured on 1/11 and the data is through 1/8. On 1/9, I took a 30 mile city street driving trip and really egg-shelled it to boost energy efficiency as an experiment, so tomorrow those numbers will show up...

carwings_2011_0111.jpg

Red Randy

I am curious to see the rest of the screen shots for the rest of the places. This would indicate the total number of Leafs delivered up to now, for example (who are using Carwings, I suppose).

MikeD said:
I am curious to see the rest of the screen shots for the rest of the places. This would indicate the total number of Leafs delivered up to now, for example (who are using Carwings, I suppose).

The only user showing from other than the US last time I looked is one in the UK.

I would settle for having my own data show up!

garygid said:
Randy,
Is the 5.9 mpe (miles per edi = mpkwh) for your best trip?

It would seem VERY high to be an average, or representative of all your trips.
See the miles. It is lifetime efficiency.

I think it is for lifetime driving, although there are tabs for monthly, weekly, etc. as I recall.

Actually, while it is fun to be in "first place", I don't understand how the number was calculated. At one time early on, the number was even higher, and I just don't think it is possible. So for some reason, maybe during our 111 mile initial freeway trek, it somehow calculated a super high efficiency number. But I would expect the numbers to calm down to a more reasonable or normal level in awhile...

Can you charge the LEAF if you leave the car turned ON?

An average of 5.9 means values over 6 mpe, so over 144 mile "range".

Something strange in that data.

Can you display the page of your trips, with the "mpe" figures on it?

Here's a screenshot of the details of my driving yesterday...I made it to 5.6 miles/kwh, which feels accurate because I was really trying hard to squeeze the most economy out of the car.

Gary, I've never tried to charge while "on". I will.

trip_0109.jpg

Here is the listing for my initial drive on purchase day...It doesn't seem quite correct, but that's what it says...

trip_0104.jpg

Randy said:
Here is the listing for my initial drive on purchase day...It doesn't seem quite correct, but that's what it says...

trip_0104.jpg

Wow. It is showing 16.9 kwh. I'd have expected nearly 24kwh.

Is the usable capacity really much less than 24kwh ?

evnow said:
Wow. It is showing 16.9 kwh. I'd have expected nearly 24kwh.

Is the usable capacity really much less than 24kwh ?

"Electricity consumption" is power pulled by the traction motor _less_ regen, plus accessory power - the detail is shown on the "driving style" screen.

For example yesterday our screen shows:

Distance: 22.1
Average Economy: 5.3 miles/kWh
Electricity Consumption: 4.2 kWh

and on the driving style screen for that day it shows:

Electricity consumed by the traction motor: 5.6 kWh
Electricity captured by regenerative braking: 1.7 kWh
Electricity consumed by the vehicle accessories: .3kWh - the net of those is the 4.2

So that 16.9 Electricity Consumption might consist of something like:

24 consumed (motor) less 8 generated (braking) plus 1 consumed (acc)

Now, how that relates to how much the pack actually had left when he parked is another story....you'd think it would be something like 24 - 17, plus the 5+ that was put in at Quality... which would be 12+ kWh, which in turn you'd think would yield a range of more than the 17 or 19 miles that were showing at the end. So something still doesn't quite make sense - but it's those 3 driving style figures that are used to get the consumption value on the summary page.

i still cant log into mine. keep getting msg that i need to create one. so go to website and it tells me i have not logged into car yet...

BUT. it has 80 miles on it now.

drove it 47.3 miles last night. put it on charger for a few put in 14.68 K

then drove it 20.7 miles today. will charge and see since it never got to 100% this morning (i leave at 5:30 AM)

so i have about 68 miles on it.

Back