Charging emails from Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

So here are the three examples of charging emails I get from Carwings...

This "reminder" comes in a few minutes of when I pull into the driveway or garage and get close to the charger...

charging_reminder.jpg

Here's an example of when the charging is completed via the timer...I also happened to have it set to 80% charge as well.

charging_complete.jpg

Randy, thank you very much for your posts. It is teaching this novice well

stanley

Cool!

That last message -- is that what you get if someone yanks the J1772 out while the car is still charging?
That would be the most interesting message to me -- especially for shared/public L2 use.

GroundLoop said:
Cool!

That last message -- is that what you get if someone yanks the J1772 out while the car is still charging?
That would be the most interesting message to me -- especially for shared/public L2 use.
Probably yes, but could someone try to verify ?

Gary, I turned off the timer to experiment some more, so it did go to full.

The 8:25pm message was from me unplugging the charger because I wanted to measure it with my Kill-a-watt. So that was an "unplug" event....

I started a thread on it last night. If I remember without having the numbers handy, I think it reported 11.4 amps or so and 1300 watts. The voltage dropped from 118 unloaded to 114.x when the charging was going on...

planet4ever said:
Hmm, those emails have a very low signal to noise ratio. It seems in most cases I could read the subject line and discard the message without even looking at it.

Yep, a text-only option would be really nice (by which I mean text-only email, not "texted" notifications.)

Anybody else notice a significant drop in the reliability of the 'charging started' and 'charging stopped' emails from the portal over the last week or so? It seemed intermittent for a few days and now seems to have almost entirely dried up...no charge start or charge complete emails for me in the last 2-3 days.

Ouch! I have the opposite issue. Emails coming through fine, but can't connect to Carwings - looks like my house might be in a 'dead zone' for carwings. Or, maybe some other temporary issue. It is charging now, and I tried logging in to Carwings to check, and it wouldn't connect to the car. Email came through though, with:
vehicle status: request failed
Nanook detected a problem and was unable to update the vehicle status Please try your request again...

Tested this morning from work and it was fine. BTW, all through the web, no iphone or android for me yet, and my crackberry is through Credo Mobile, of course :)

Anyone else see intermittent issues connecting to their car via Carwings?

ah if my problem was so simple. beginning to think that being first in region was not so cool after all.

looks like i am back to dealer to initialize some module. but set appointment with dealer in Oly, so at least its in town.

Back