Make leaf spy SOC match Dash SOC?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just out of curiosity; what number do you rely on most? or which do you consider more pertinent to spending time on the side of the road?

The number I look at is the Miles to VLBW. I adjust the efficiency based on my plans. That is,

(Mostly freeway driving)
Frugal driving: 3.9 m/kWh
Regular Driving: 3.3 m/kWh
Night time driving on wet roads with heat, lights, and WW on: 2.5 m/kWh.

But, I'm used to using the SOC from the dash display to have a feeling for where I stand.

Okay, I admit it, I just like to have all the numbers match. ;)

PianoAl said:
The number I look at is the Miles to VLBW. I adjust the efficiency based on my plans. That is,

(Mostly freeway driving)
Frugal driving: 3.9 m/kWh
Regular Driving: 3.3 m/kWh
Night time driving on wet roads with heat, lights, and WW on: 2.5 m/kWh.

But, I'm used to using the SOC from the dash display to have a feeling for where I stand.

Okay, I admit it, I just like to have all the numbers match. ;)

that is a lot of "dark range" there. I do miles to 1% since can't do miles to dead

DaveinOlyWA said:
that is a lot of "dark range" there. I do miles to 1% since can't do miles to dead

That's interesting. Has that ever gotten you into trouble? Ever run out?

PianoAl said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

That's interesting. Has that ever gotten you into trouble? Ever run out?

once but only because the stations I was going to charge at had been disabled by the host. If I did your method, I would literally have to stop and charge every day. in my 2013, I came home with less than 10 GIDs, probably 5-6 dozen times. VLB? too many times to count. VLB is 24 GIDs

Back