How to enable 80% charge mode on 2012 model?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get to it from the Nav screen.

Start to setup a charging schedule and in there it will have either 80 or 100% charge option.
It's only available through that.
I have my car on schedule so whenever i plug in my car to charge during the day and it's not in the window, i have to remember to press the override button to the left of the steering wheel to allow it to charge.

Found it! Thank you! :)

In case someone would need a manual, found it here: http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2012/ph240/landreman1/docs/2012-Nissan-LEAF.pdf

A trick that I learned from someone else here is that if you always just want to limit to 80% and not be bitten by the timer window, just set the timer to 80% midnight to midnight.

cwerdna said:
A trick that I learned from someone else here is that if you always just want to limit to 80% and not be bitten by the timer window, just set the timer to 80% midnight to midnight.
Yes, that is what I must have done at the beginning but then I wanted the car to be finished charging just as I leave each morning

DuncanCunningham said:
cwerdna said:
Yes, that is what I must have done at the beginning but then I wanted the car to be finished charging just as I leave each morning

The actual start/end time doesn't matter - it can be any hour or minute of the day, within the increments allowed by the screen. Mine is set to start/end at 6:00PM every day.

Sorry, what I meant to say was I changed my needs to only start charging at 3am so my car was ready with a full battery by the time I leave each day. I changed my % back up to 100 for winter driving but when it's warm enough that I don't need heat, I put it back to 80% but I am aware that when I overide the timer I get 100% charge.

Back