EV 3rd party plugin for windows 7, 8 and 10.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiisanTekna

Since the are several unofficial websites, in the world wide web, detailing how Nissan leaf, Renault zoe, Tesla, EVs webservices works, and I code for fun (sometimes), I thought to develop a nice PoC (proof of concept) plugin for windows OS, that would show our EV's info in the taskbar, so here it is :)

ATTENTION: Requests for information by evplugin to LEaf may possibly reduce the existing battery charge. The purpose of this project is to serve only as a Proof of Concept (PoC) and for educational purposes. I am not liable for any damages or impacts resulting from the use of this application, in any environment. Use this at your own risks.

Features in version 1.0.0.6:
- Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Shows EV battery status in your windows explorer bar.
- Updates in realtime the charging progress.
- Gets in realtime current Km or Miles that the current battery charge can do.

Check out the app facebook page, and if you Like the idea just put a Like on it :)

https://www.facebook.com/evplugin/?view ... 7419287950

INSTALATION:

After downloading and running the installer (to get the installer, visit the facebook page or use the link in the end of this post) will appear a new feature in the bar of windows explorer, with is in the image below. Just select the "Ev Plugin for Windows" option:

M20Ynbc.jpg

You should see a new element in the windows bar (as shown in the following image):

enjAWnl.png

2º Electric Vehicle settings menu (the same used in the android or iOS app):

DNvYqkC.png

3º Lastly, register and activate the plugIn using a valid email account (you will receive an email with the activation link):

GlJAsnR.png

To report bugs or ask for more information / clarifications, you can put the questions here, or on the Facebook page.

Download latest Installer http://bit.ly/2lUkM6E

IssacZachary said:
That's awesome! I think anyway. I couldn't do much on the Facebook page because I don't have a Facebook account though.

Glad you liked the idea.
I added some example with images of how to install and setup up the evplugIn , and a direct link to download the installer( in the end of the first post).

Stanton said:
Would love to try this, but can't get past Step #3: register and activate plug-in.
I'm not on FB.

There is no need to have FB account.
1.Tell me, is there any error or message on the screen, in step #3?
2.Did you use a valid email account, insert a password and press button register?

Thanks.

NiisanTekna said:
2.Did you use a valid email account, insert a password and press button register?

Thanks.

Entered valid email address and password, pressed "register" button and received the following ERROR: 406, INFO: INVALID PARAMS

Stanton said:
NiisanTekna said:

Thanks.

Entered valid email address and password, pressed "register" button and received the following ERROR: 406, INFO: INVALID PARAMS

Ok. Lets check:

1. This version of plugin only supports Nissan. Is your EV Nissan?
2. Before register your plugin, In EV connection info tab, dId you fill all the data in the form and press the save button? ( you must fill this and press save before register)
DNvYqkC.png

3 What is you Region?

NiisanTekna said:
Stanton said:

Ok. Lets check:

2. Before register your plugin, In EV connection info tab, dId you fill all the data in the form and press the save button? ( you must fill this and press save before register)
3. What is your Region?

Yes, Yes, and USA.
I'm thinking your tool doesn't like periods "." in the email address, or it doesn't allow email addresses for user names.
Either way, I'm just about ready to give up.

First stable release version 1.0.0.13.

Please update your evplugIn to the first stable version 1.0.0.13. You can do it in three different ways:

• Click the download link in the first post of this thread.
  • Just connect your evplugin to the internet through your PC.

Thanks to all the beta testers that made this stable version possible. Special thanks to Stanton. :)

pniOBAP.png

New evplugIn 1.0.0.20:

New option to show the last sync Time in evplugIn bar ( need to restart windows explorer after enabling/disabling "show evplugin last Time sync in bar" option).

download: http://bit.ly/2lUkM6E

note:
There is an issue with auto-update feature.
If it fails to auto install the new version, please download current installer as a workaround.
We are working to fix the auto-update issue asap.

HCyEBEd.png

NiisanTekna said:
Stanton said:
NiisanTekna said:

Thanks.

Ok. Lets check:

DNvYqkC.png

3 What is you Region?
Hello there, Im a new user in this forum. I've just read this and realised I made that error, I've registered first without filling the data in "EV information". I've filled it after, but it doesn't connect :(
I've already disconnected, restarted the PC and connected, but nothing....it says "Connecting..." for hours if I let him.
There's no error messages.
Yes, I have internet connected, yes it's a Nissan Leaf, EUROPE selected (I'm from PORTUGAL), it's Windows 8.1 updated, the registration was successful , but without filling up the date first, was in blank :(
Registered with the same credentials of "You+Nissan" and filled the "EV information" with Leaf's username in the app and it's pw, but like I said only after registrating :(
Now what can I do? Please help.
Thank you
Filipe Lopes
Lisbon, Portugal

All of this is to be able to see your battery charge on your computer?

I always know my battery charge because I look at my dash all the time....

I guess that you have to have a Leaf with 3g connection??

Wildcard4Tekna30Kw said:
NiisanTekna said:
Stanton said:

Ok. Lets check:

DNvYqkC.png

3 What is you Region?
Hello there, Im a new user in this forum. I've just read this and realised I made that error, I've registered first without filling the data in "EV information". I've filled it after, but it doesn't connect :(
I've already disconnected, restarted the PC and connected, but nothing....it says "Connecting..." for hours if I let him.
There's no error messages.
Yes, I have internet connected, yes it's a Nissan Leaf, EUROPE selected (I'm from PORTUGAL), it's Windows 8.1 updated, the registration was successful , but without filling up the date first, was in blank :(
Registered with the same credentials of "You+Nissan" and filled the "EV information" with Leaf's username in the app and it's pw, but like I said only after registrating :(
Now what can I do? Please help.
Thank you
Filipe Lopes
Lisbon, Portugal

Hi Filipe,

Sent you a PM.

evplugIn

powersurge said:
All of this is to be able to see your battery charge on your computer?

I always know my battery charge because I look at my dash all the time....

I guess that you have to have a Leaf with 3g connection??

Hi,

Needs to have a 2,5G or 3G connectivity at least.

Br
evplugIn,

Jedlacks said:
Under the EV Information Tab, which information from what site/program do we put in the username and password fields?

Hi!

Put the same login info you use on the NissanConnect app (android / iphone).

Br.

Back