Nissan Leaf 30kWh real max range with one charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piro

Nissan Leaf 30kWh, SOH = 96%, temp. 15C, speed 50-70km/h (avg: 58,4km/h), flat area, some small hills, no heating. 17inch wheels (Tekna), LeafBox installed, driving only in D-mode, ECO.
Strategy: coasting as much as possible, while driving uphills - 50km/h, while driving larger flat areas - 58km/h with cruise controll on.
Result: over 5 hours of my life spent in Leaf :ugeek:
https://www.facebook.com/NissanLeafTuning/videos/444703435898140/

When we do the secondary routes through Salmon Arm in what we call our Sunday Loop we have no problem seeing a potential 230 to 240 kilometers. Mostly 60 KMH with about 5 percent highway speeds of 90 to 100 KMH. Surprised the heck out of us the first time. Mostly rolly valley terrain here. Our typical max range of mixed driving is closer to 180 to 190 km.

300 km is amazing.

Yep, 6 miles/kWh at 30 mph (50 kph) is about expected. You do not gain anything efficiency wise from the pulse and coast routine, and might actually lose a little. An ICE or a Prius would be different.

powersurge said:
I am surprised that a new 30 KWH battery is already down to 96% SOH... My car is almost 3 years old, and is still at 98%.....

What can I say? I have bought it like this :( It had 14000 km and already SOH=96%.
I think that first user was a road electro-pirate... ;)

SageBrush said:
You do not gain anything efficiency wise from the pulse and coast routine, and might actually lose a little. An ICE or a Prius would be different.

Of course I do not pulse and coast - thats clear. I coast as much as I can from hills, in small cities etc, where it is a visible chance to coast.
With perfect driving U will have similar result - LeafBox is only easing this, not generating energy from open space ;)

powersurge said:
I am surprised that a new 30 KWH battery is already down to 96% SOH... My car is almost 3 years old, and is still at 98%.....

Our 2016 LEAF SVs are down to 92% SOH in one year and less than 3000 miles each.

My car consumed about 1 kWh less from VLBW to full charge as measured by my OpenEVSE compared to July of last year.

I recently drove to airport and back on one charge (91 miles round trip via mostly interstate at 62 MPH at 52F, calm winds, partly cloudy, heat pump keeping cabin at 72F on Auto) and had 15% SOC remaining. Doesn't seem all that different from the same results last year, but there are a lot of variables that affect range on a drive like that.

Back