Delta between GOM & LeafSpy miles to 0%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaramanga

I know the GOM isn't regarded as terribly accurate but it's some 20 miles more than the miles to zero % reading in LeafSpy even though my m/Kwh matches exactly @ 3.5 m/kWh. Is this a setting I've missed in LeafSpy or is the GOM that far off?

I can reset the trip odometer and check but haven't yet.

Thoughts?

SageBrush said:
The GOM uses your recent miles/kWh

VERY recent, at that. So if, like most of us, you slow down the last few blocks before parking the car, it will always start with too optimistic a reading. Try using the accurate range estimator, of you have an SV or SL. Press the blue button on the steering wheel, and the Nav screen will give two estimates: the GOM estimate, and the more accurate one.

In another thread related to 30KwH batteries.. most of us just use 1%= 1 mile as a rule of thumb
this is pretty accurate for over-all mixed useage.

it will work for most instanteous uses EXCEPT UPHILL where you may use 2- to 4 times more power !
over routes you drive repeatedly.. you can keep track.

otherwise.. get the Leaf Range Estimator app.. which will figure your milage based on altitutde change, speed, and temperature

add 25% since it was designed for 24KwH batteries not 30 !

Back