Are you guys replacing all 4 tires?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvu

Front stock Ecopia on my 2013 requires some love. I read a lot about folks hating them here so I wanted to try something different. The rears has plenty of life left. Wonder if I needed to do all 4 or just replace the worn ones with what I want and replace the other with the same one down the road?

Bring the rears to the front so when the old needs to go, the rear are still in good shape

I do mine in pairs, I always figure throwing out a good set of tires is wasteful

it's up to you though

Sounds like you haven't been rotating your tires.....like me :oops: . In my case I had no idea they were wearing so fast and by the time I had noticed the fronts were quite worn. I did rotate them to the rear(the rears were pretty good) and managed to get another 6 months at the rear but once the rears started looking like slicks and winter was coming, I replaced all 4.
Thing is the way the price tires, the specials are only on a purchase of 4 tires. Costco frequently does a purchase-3-get-$70-off, special which I took advantage of. Note not all Ecopia's are crap like the OEM Leaf tires, the Ecopia +'s are much better than the OEM Ecopia's. I'm also running the max 44psi on my replacements and they've been wearing MUCH better than the OEMs.
Leaf tires aren't cheap, expect to pay close to $500 even on sale, damn wide tires :x

jjeff said:
Sounds like you haven't been rotating your tires.....like me :oops: . In my case I had no idea they were wearing so fast and by the time I had noticed the fronts were quite worn. I did rotate them to the rear(the rears were pretty good) and managed to get another 6 months at the rear but once the rears started looking like slicks and winter was coming, I replaced all 4.
Thing is the way the price tires, the specials are only on a purchase of 4 tires. Costco frequently does a purchase-3-get-$70-off, special which I took advantage of. Note not all Ecopia's are crap like the OEM Leaf tires, the Ecopia +'s are much better than the OEM Ecopia's. I'm also running the max 44psi on my replacements and they've been wearing MUCH better than the OEMs.
Leaf tires aren't cheap, expect to pay close to $500 even on sale, damn wide tires :x
Walmart sometimes has a clearance on Ecopia tires, at $50 a pop I figure it's the best deal.

rmay635703 said:
jjeff said:
Walmart sometimes has a clearance on Ecopia tires, at $50 a pop I figure it's the best deal.
That would be a steal! If that was the case then I'd probably just get the 2 that were the worst worn.
I've always(since front wheel drive cars anyway) been of the opinion to put the newest tires on the front, as they wear quite a bit quicker than the rears, but many tire shops won't do that, they insist on putting the newer tires on the rears so the car would have less of a chance of fishtailing. When they did that to one of my cars I simply jacked up the car once home and swapped the fronts with the rear ;) and never had an issue.

Back