TurboDocks...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaoleBilt

IMG_2005_zpssfxbujpa.jpg

Found this unit last night on my trip home. Instructions are to download an app which I did. Came back today when I went in for a shift at the family flower shop. The app is simple. Just detects the charger when in range. I plugged in and it said charging 240v. Went back two hours later it was only charging at 110v. The app is useless to figure it out. The website attached to the app wasn't that helpful. I found a link where I could request a quote but not set up an account t etc. anyone come across these and know how to use them?

Interesting. I'd never heard of this before. I found http://www.evsolutions.com/turbodock.
HaoleBilt said:
Went back two hours later it was only charging at 110v.
How do you know it was only charging at "110v"?

My ev connect app showed it was trickle charging and after 2 hours I only picked up 10 miles range...

HaoleBilt said:
My ev connect app showed it was trickle charging and after 2 hours I only picked up 10 miles range...
Hmmm, from the spec sheet I found via http://www.evsolutions.com/turbodock, I doubt it can dynamically switch between 208/240 volts and 120 volts.

Did you make sure it was really charging at 208/240 volts at the beginning, which Nissan likes to calll "normal charge"? I suspect that TurboDock you used actually was only configured for 120 volts and charging that way the entire time.

If you use Leaf Spy, you can see how many kW are supposedly making it into the battery/that the OBC is requesting. If charging at 120 volts, those numbers are usually are (IIRC) around 1.1 kW or so. When charging on a 30 amp L2 EVSE at 208 volts, those numbers at full charging speed will be around 5.3 kW.

Also, IIRC, once you start charging at a given rate, (e.g. 120V, 240V 3 kW and 240V 6 kW), the other 2 time estimates on the dash display go away.

Back