LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Battery Percent Indicator

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:09 pm

I wish we knew if the 30kwh packs were improved for 2017, as Trump and friends are now forcing me to look at leasing a new EV before 1/1/18. The 2017 Leaf is one of only two new cars I can lease, because of my need for a heated steering wheel. If I could baby it a bit and get 5% per year degradation, I'd likely lease one. If it will be any more than that, it will be either the Bolt or a newer used Leaf.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:55 am

SageBrush wrote:
powersurge wrote:I do not agree with people who are so obsessive about accuracy and numbers that they are STILL not happy and complain... does it matter to measure battery charge down to the milli watt? Before this car, did anyone ever worry how many miles of life were left on your gas car?? No. Totally unimportant. To those people I say.. Shut up, drive your car (however long it has left), and be happy.

I read this paragraph 3 times and I still have no idea what you are getting at, although it seems pretty reasonable to me for people to evaluate their cars during ownership for degradation.

What I mean by this paragraph is that... Yes the bars on the dash are not very informative. Leafspy has been a great help in measuring your car's battery. However, what I do not agree with is now people are debating how accurate Leafspy is, and trying to figure out its accuracy and expect really precise information of their car with Leafspy. Yes, there is a tendency for people to be "obsessed" with getting all possible information. The truth is.. Use Leafspy as a tool, like a fuel gauge, and don't expect it to be a precise scientific measurement.

And for all of you debaters..... Do not come back with the old - "they have a right to know everything because they care about their cars."

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 am

powersurge wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
powersurge wrote:I do not agree with people who are so obsessive about accuracy and numbers that they are STILL not happy and complain... does it matter to measure battery charge down to the milli watt? Before this car, did anyone ever worry how many miles of life were left on your gas car?? No. Totally unimportant. To those people I say.. Shut up, drive your car (however long it has left), and be happy.

I read this paragraph 3 times and I still have no idea what you are getting at, although it seems pretty reasonable to me for people to evaluate their cars during ownership for degradation.

What I mean by this paragraph is that... Yes the bars on the dash are not very informative. Leafspy has been a great help in measuring your car's battery. However, what I do not agree with is now people are debating how accurate Leafspy is, and trying to figure out its accuracy and expect really precise information of their car with Leafspy. Yes, there is a tendency for people to be "obsessed" with getting all possible information. The truth is.. Use Leafspy as a tool, like a fuel gauge, and don't expect it to be a precise scientific measurement.

And for all of you debaters..... Do not come back with the old - "they have a right to know everything because they care about their cars."

I see.

Now why in the world do you think your comfort with ignorance should be forced on others ? Would you like to ban words like Ahr or impedance because you do not understand them ?

I speak only for myself when I say I want LeafSpy to be practical, but knowing the limits in imprecision is required.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”