UsedLeaf
Delivery Date: 12 Jul 2017

Re: So, owners what range are you getting ?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:34 am

Mine is still too new for me to tell but I was reading other posts and lots use the cruise control. I have a Mercury Mariner Hybrid and I use a Prius at work and both of those I get better mileage when I don't use the cruise control. is this not the same with the LEaf?
2012 Silver Leaf SL Premium Package 20,200 miles

2011 Toyota Tundra V-8 4X4 260,000 miles (was my daily driver)

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 95,000 miles (wifes car)

0 car payments :)

philipl411
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2016

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 pm

philipl411 wrote:I can honestly say that I wish I hadnt purchased this car. I love the way it drives, but the range limits where I can drive it. We purchased it with the intent of driving it from home to the office which is 27 miles away from the house. For the first 10 miles it is 70 mph and then much slower due to traffic. The entire drive takes about an hour over all. When she would arrive it has just enough range to go about 7 miles to a charging station at a Nissan dealership. She would then charge for 30 min and get home with about 14 miles of range. Plug it up for the night to do it all over again the next day. We finally gave up and purchased her another car and I drive the leaf 2.3 miles to work and then back. Unless there is a known working charging station I wont drive it more than 20 miles away from my house.

Well in the next few days if all goes right the leaf will be gone and replaced with either a Volt or a C-Max Plug in.

tlim
Delivery Date: 19 Dec 2013

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Work is 30 miles away from home. I have commuted in my Leaf for > 3.5 years. I've never had to charge midway and I'm pretty sure I got the lizard batteries as I just lost my first bar at > 61K.

I work by the beach in SoCal so the conditions for travel are relatively optimal though.

demet1996
Delivery Date: 08 Oct 2017

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm

So I've had my 2013 Leaf since May 2017. The past week even though it charges to 100% the range has dropped by about 12 to 15 miles on the dashboard. Any reason why this is happening? It has just over 30000 miles on it.

webb14leafs
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 am

demet1996 wrote:So I've had my 2013 Leaf since May 2017. The past week even though it charges to 100% the range has dropped by about 12 to 15 miles on the dashboard. Any reason why this is happening? It has just over 30000 miles on it.

The charge % has nothing to do with degradation. The thing to check is how many kWhs were delivered to get to 100%.

Also, the mileage estimate (aka guessometer) on your dash board can vary wildly from trip to trip. For example, my weekend driving is very efficient - mostly 35 or 45mph roads. So after fully charging on Monday it will display ~90 miles. My work commute is much less efficient, so by Wednesday it will display ~75 miles after a full charge. I've had it display as much as 100 miles and as low a 65 after a full charge.

How many bars do you have left? Do you use LeafSpy?

philipl411
Delivery Date: 06 Apr 2016

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 am

philipl411 wrote:
philipl411 wrote:I can honestly say that I wish I hadnt purchased this car. I love the way it drives, but the range limits where I can drive it. We purchased it with the intent of driving it from home to the office which is 27 miles away from the house. For the first 10 miles it is 70 mph and then much slower due to traffic. The entire drive takes about an hour over all. When she would arrive it has just enough range to go about 7 miles to a charging station at a Nissan dealership. She would then charge for 30 min and get home with about 14 miles of range. Plug it up for the night to do it all over again the next day. We finally gave up and purchased her another car and I drive the leaf 2.3 miles to work and then back. Unless there is a known working charging station I wont drive it more than 20 miles away from my house.

Well in the next few days if all goes right the leaf will be gone and replaced with either a Volt or a C-Max Plug in.

The Leaf is gone and I took a $3,000 loss on it. But replaced it with a c-max plugin. I have been asked several times during the time I owned the leaf if it was a car worth buying and my recommendation was always, Only if you drive it close to home or have access to free charging where you drive to.

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 am

philipl411 wrote:

The Leaf is gone and I took a $3,000 loss on it. But replaced it with a c-max plugin. I have been asked several times during the time I owned the leaf if it was a car worth buying and my recommendation was always, Only if you drive it close to home or have access to free charging where you drive to.

Congrats on the CMax. It is a good option. It has served my family well, and should serve you too. It is a step back in electric range, but a huge step forward in total range and utility.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

webb14leafs
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

philipl411 wrote:
philipl411 wrote:

What exactly was the problem with your Leaf? Did you buy a used model with only a few bars left?

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”