Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Re: I rasn my 2013 Leaf to "---" or ZERO!! But In got home anyway! A mile or so.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 am

powersurge wrote:
garsh wrote:Heh. I do this (hit VLBW) every single day on my commute.

I'm kind of surprised that it took you five years before hitting VLBW for the first time.

If you want real pucker factor, try hitting Turtle when you're still a mile from your destination. I never hypermiled so vigilantly in my life. :o

So this guy is proudly abusing his car and looking to get a free battery.

I don't recall Nissan defining VLBW as abuse. Repeated Turtling, maybe.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Re: I rasn my 2013 Leaf to "---" or ZERO!! But In got home anyway! A mile or so.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 am

powersurge wrote:So this guy is proudly abusing his car and looking to get a free battery.

Nope. The car made this commute just fine when new.
Hell, it would actually make it the full round-trip if I was just a little bit careful.
But now, with four bars missing, and soon to drop a fifth, it's barely acceptable as a commuter car.

Not to mention, if powersurge could be bothered to show a little reading comprehension ability, he would see that I'm well beyond the battery capacity warranty. It's right there in my signature.

And, you say "abusing", but I paid for Nissan's "battery check" every single year. They always said that my battery was "5 stars", whatever the hell that means. The report always said that the battery was in great shape, and never mentioned anything about running it down too low. This is just what they expect from their battery technology, and it's a crime.

I'm just hoping this otherwise ok commuter car with the most horrible battery technology in the world can continue to make this commute for a few more months before my Model 3 arrives.
2012 Black SV, 8 bars, 96,000 miles

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 am

Well, it is a free world, and Leaf owners can do what they want.... Just like the topic of how people eat their daily diet...

You can go ahead eating those triple bacon cheeseburgers and going to the Chinese Buffet.. That doesn't kill you that fast either....

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”