70 miles per day

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjhersh

I want to know if anyone drives 70 miles round trip to work 95% freeway. I am up here in Norcal average speed 65 no stop and go can the leaf do it :roll:

cjhersh said:
I want to know if anyone drives 70 miles round trip to work 95% freeway. I am up here in Norcal average speed 65 no stop and go can the leaf do it :roll:

Well, it'll definitely do 60 miles. But between what I'm using for my commute and ending up left with at the end of the day, I suspect it's good for around 80-85 miles at a steady 65mph (and driven carefully to get up to that speed in the first place). Of course, YMMV. :D

New members- please post in an applicable thread, like range, or anything similar.

Thank you!

EVDRIVER said:
New members- please post in an applicable thread, like range, or anything similar.

Thank you!

Ummm, EV, what could be a more appropriate category than "Range / Efficiency / Carwings??" :roll:

Glenn said:
EVDRIVER said:

Thank you!

Ummm, EV, what could be a more appropriate category than "Range / Efficiency / Carwings??" :roll:

Ummm, Glenn, category is not the same as thread (topic). In this category there are already perfectly serviceable threads entitled:

So owners, what range are you getting?
Commute range, SOC
Miles per kWh so far
Vehicle Range

etc. etc.

IMO the attempts to minimize new thread creation are worse than the problem they are trying to solve.

Back on topic: 70 miles round trip might be pushing your comfort levels at 65 mph especially if you have to use HVAC as the car will be warning you about low battery on a daily basis as you near home...

Now, if you could drop to 60 mph I think you'll make it pretty easily.

pksd1 said:
Even if you could get 70 miles now(which could be a streach). But will you get that range 3-4 years from now ? Maybe-maybe not.

So you have a contingency plan. Mine could be to L1 charge for the 8 hours I'm sitting at my desk. I say could because we have 240v 15a available too, for when there is a cheap and portable plug-in L2. ;)

FWIW, I'm not noticing the AC set to low having too much of an impact on the amount of available energy (using my patented miles per bar method, for which you must PayPal me $1 for each use ;) :D :lol: ), even though it says that it saps 10 miles off available range.

I am commuting 35 miles each way to work. Way in has lots of traffic and way home is free and clear (most of the time). With the 80% charge, just enough to do both. With 100% charge, still have a few bars showing when I get home.
I have now started level 1 charging at work now for 8 hours and get back up to 90% full by the time I leave, thus no worries on the way home and less electricity useage at home since I arrive home with more charge.

I can't think of better place to have a range question than in a thread called "RANGE". Imagine people with range questions being able to search by such a simple word. This makes forums easy to follow and relevant and not cluttered. I'm not sure how much more relevant that can be. Not to mention it was in the top posts at the time.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2345

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back