Leaf Spy - inaccurate mileage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spicythots

I've been using the app for about 6 weeks now, and the logs show my odometer at 2200 while my actual odo shows 3500. My commute to work is an even 18 miles, and the app read 10.8 miles today when I pulled into the parking garage. Has anyone experienced this? Using the forum's search feature and perusing the app's help page didn't yield anything, but it's possible I could have missed it

Those numbers are about what would result if LeafSpy tried to convert values in km to miles but I don't know how that would happen....

Yeah my settings are set to miles.. it's as if the app is calculating distance based on much, much smaller wheels. Very strange

LeafSpy is also not reporting miles correctly for me as well. Since I have an odometer I didn't care much but now I wonder if the odometer value in the app has any influence/impact on any other parameters within the app???

HerdingElectrons said:
LeafSpy is also not reporting miles correctly for me as well. Since I have an odometer I didn't care much but now I wonder if the odometer value in the app has any influence/impact on any other parameters within the app???

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's not a huge problem, but I have to gross up the ODO field when playing with my leaf spy data, and I was hoping there was a quick settings fix I was somehow missing.

Update the app. This issue was recognized and resolved several weeks ago. I had the issue as well but that was...well a while ago. I DR if it was a month ago or maybe more?

What you are seeing is LEAF Spy is taking miles and treating them as Km where it recalculates them back to miles hence a reduction in reality of roughly 62.5%

I was having the same issue as of January 2019, and I found in the settings that in addition to setting miles vs. km, there is a "CAN Odometer in miles" check box that makes the odometer read correctly.

Back