Fun (ie its a joke) with CAN Messages (was Battery upgrade)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

THIS IS A JOKE:

So I packed the trunk full of batteries and now I don't have to plug in very often. :mrgreen:

range2.jpg

Then I put it in eco mode...

range.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cameraphone pic

Edit:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I mention this is a joke?

Scroll down to see how I actually did it.

turbo2ltr said:
So I packed the trunk full of batteries and now I don't have to plug in very often. :mrgreen:

range2.jpg

range.jpg

Are you serious?! If so, how much did the extra batteries cost and how did you hook them up? What kind of batteries did you use?

turbo2ltr said:

range2.jpg

range.jpg

Wow, what would you get if you charged it all the way to 100%?!?! My guess is that you had a few trips down a long hill and really got the fuzzy mileage logic in the car confused!

Don't forget the :D so people know you are kidding. I get in trouble for that all the time.

Ok, I don't want to mislead people here, it was a joke, (sorta) and thats why I put the :mrgreen: . I thought it would be funny probably because it's past my bedtime but I guess it didn't come out right... Alas, I did NOT add any batteries, but the display does actually show those numbers...

I'm knee deep in CAN messages. It's really easy to send a message to display whatever number you want...once you know what to send...

Still searching for the elusive SOC...but it's so close I can smell it.

I'm surprised.. my Infiniti G35 was 1Mbps.

I was hoping to feat my ValueCAN and CanCracker on it, but by the time I get my LEAF, you'll have the whole thing reverse engineered and self-parking.

Good CAN work, and the modified screens would have nicely illustrated that, had you explained what they really showed.

We await further results, like the 96 cell-pair voltages.

People might not find your CAN investigation under "battery upgrade".

But trying to confuse, mislead, and trick people seems to be a popular thing to do these days.

Perhaps if somebody erases 50% of the forum's threads, or renames them all to off-topic names, you "joking" guys will really think that is hysterical?

When you start fooling folks, without making it CLEAR to THEM that you are joking, they just start to discount everything you say.

Did you really work on CAN at all, or is that just another "joke"?

Can we please lighten up?

Geez, this forum is uptight. If any internet report or story has a hint of criticism of the Leaf it's a "hit piece." Now someone posts an obvious joke and someone takes it so seriously.

It was funny, Turbo. :) :cool: Nice one.

Train said:
Can we please lighten up?

Geez, this forum is uptight. If any internet report or story has a hint of criticism of the Leaf it's a "hit piece." Now someone posts an obvious joke and someone takes it so seriously.

It was funny, Turbo. :) :cool: Nice one.
No doubt... Regardless of HOW it was done (which is cool, btw), how could anyone *possibly* take that seriously? I knew it had to be some kind of joke/trick. :roll:

Now, if we can just figure out how to reprogram the startup sound and the noisemaker...

garygid said:
People might not find your CAN investigation under "battery upgrade".

But trying to confuse, mislead, and trick people seems to be a popular thing to do these days.

Perhaps if somebody erases 50% of the forum's threads, or renames them all to off-topic names, you "joking" guys will really think that is hysterical?

When you start fooling folks, without making it CLEAR to THEM that you are joking, they just start to discount everything you say.

Did you really work on CAN at all, or is that just another "joke"?

Gary you are far too serious, no one is intentionally misleading anyone and you should not accuse people of doing so. Besides, you have made some claims here about EVSE units and high voltages that are flat out wrong and you were being serious:) I don't think people need help moderating what is sarcasm joking and a bit of reading certainly reveals the reality to any intelligent person. This stuff goes on on many forums and if I dig I can find some examples from you just in a different style. Loosen up, no one is getting hurt.

Turbo, because of this little joke and the lack of disclosure in the beginning we are going to have to delete all your past posts and ban you from the site for a month. Since you corrected your mistakes on your own you will not be banished form the site permanently. You will also have an orange dot next to your user ID to let other helpless users know you are a jokester and should not be trusted until you have served your sentence. You must also never post another CAN picture to the forum since you have led helpless people to believe you put and extra 1200lbs of batteries in your car. Did you really expect anyone to think about this for more than 5 seconds before being fooled? Clearly you could have built and hidden these two massive packs and not made the LEAF drag on it's wheels. You should really be ashamed. In the future this will be a lesson to others, if anyone attempts such trickery I will be forced to lock the forum login for 24 hours.**

**This is sarcasm and so is this.

Back