Carwings account gone???!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driveleaf

Does anybody elses carwings account still work?

My car tells me "you must have a valid data account" when I try to access navigation or carwings features.

My iPhone app says "an unknown error occurred" and the website won't let me login.

New information posted on the carwings portal:

CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match.
Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

probably need your account reset.

did yours EVER work? mine never did from the dealer. escalated all the way to Carwings. although they never said what was wrong, its suspected that they simply entered my VIN incorrectly into their system

driveleaf said:
New information posted on the carwings portal:

CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match.

I encountered the same problem a month or so ago. Seemed to happen about the time they were trying to figure out why our charging emails had stopped (not the same problem, fixing one led to the other). Call customer service - they should be able to sort it out. In my case they had to "email Japan" (they actually said something about calling being too expensive...huhwhat?). It was fixed within a couple of days.

Mine's OK this morning, driveleaf. Your Carwings was revoked because you were scoring too high.

Looks like I got a failure to charge overnight, though. I saw the usual beeps and clicks and flashing lights when I plugged in yesterday, but it shows unplugged right now. Doesn't matter this time, since the car was already charged, but it is, of course, not a good thing to have happen, ever.

-Karl

Back