Carwings Data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

is it just me or does Carwings report different distances than your car does.

i reset Trip B EVERY morning.

so mileage over past week

date-car-carwings

3/11-20.5-na
3/10-20.4-12.2
3/9-41.3-40.3
3/8-33.4-32.6
3/7-18.1-17.7
3/6-18.1-17.7
3/5-87.1-75.9

anyone else seeing this? i noticed this because prelim findings (which may not be right due to some sort of math error) shows my charging efficiency could be as low as 75%

Yes, carwings shows a slightly different miles driven than the car.

I think the carwings system uses GPS to get the mileage than the car's internal info.

Well 2D GPS would report shorter distances in hilly areas but I think that its not the issue. For some reason its not tracking all trips. The other day it tracked me for 12 of 20 miles.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Well 2D GPS would report shorter distances in hilly areas but I think that its not the issue. For some reason its not tracking all trips. The other day it tracked me for 12 of 20 miles.
May be you didn't hit "yes" to sending data ?

My regular commute comes to 10.6 & 10.8 in carwings & the car.

Yep, my Carwings data is significantly off and much more optimistic in average Miles/Kw than what the car shows.

And I do remember to accept the Carwings data screen every time I start up.

DaveinOlyWA said:
is it just me or does Carwings report different distances than your car does.

i find a small correlation between taking the MPK carwings reports multiplying that with kwh used by motor min regen plus kwh by accessories.

that does come up with a number that loosely matches my personal observations. problem is, i have exact matching numbers on several days with unmatching correlating numbers. its almost like Carwings is just providing rounded results with high tolerance values.

This is what I have collected m/kwh. The difference in miles driven doesn't answer this difference. A few more days of data gathering before I report.

Code:
LEAF CarWings Difference
4.1	5.4	32%
3.8	4.5	18%
4.3	5.8	35%
3.6	4.4	22%
3.4	3.9	15%
3.8	4.2	11%

And yet another data point is calculating your miles/kWh from the utility meter. Using that, which the one which probably counts the most, I'm only at 3.4 miles/kWh. And thats over 1300 miles and two month. This is far different that what CARWINGS is reporting.

How can a metric involving performance over distance be understood when the distances are not correct.

Asfar as mileage goes the work distance matches what was on my Prius to less than a tenth of a mileand the same on google maps.

On the SO commute it matches google maps to within .3 miles but that variance can be explained easily enough.

But carwings is giving me a consistent 17.6-17.7 for each 18.1 mile commute

ENIAC said:
And yet another data point is calculating your miles/kWh from the utility meter. Using that, which the one which probably counts the most, I'm only at 3.4 miles/kWh. And thats over 1300 miles and two month. This is far different that what CARWINGS is reporting.
What does Leaf show ?

If you do NOT touch yhe CARWINGS "confirm" at LEAF stsrtup, will the screen timeout, defaulting to "No"?

When not confirmed, does the "show charging locations" function still work?

Yes, I realize CW has no location data yet, but ... does it seem like it might work?

If the CW "confirm" only lets you see incorrect trip data, what useful does a "confirm" do?

evnow said:
ENIAC said:
What does Leaf show ?
Here are all my stats to date

Wall to Wheels - 3.4 miles/kWh
LEAF - 4.1 miles/kWh
CARWINGS - 5.7 miles/kWh

ENIAC said:
Wall to Wheels - 3.4 miles/kWh
LEAF - 4.1 miles/kWh
CARWINGS - 5.7 miles/kWh

Between what is measured at the wall and what is shown by Leaf is 83% - which is close to 85% charging efficiency we have talked about. Also, if you used preheating - that needs to be first subtracted from what was measured at the wall.

This is what I find as well - the measured energy at the wall and what Leaf shows match. But what Carwings shows doesn't. Pls log a bug with Leaf CSR. I'll do the same.

Without many people logging bugs, Nissan may not see this as an issue.

DaveinOlyWA said:
My numbers are pretty matching eniacs. But still wondering what hat would equate to as far as charging efficiency
I'm finding it difficult to get charging efficiency except for a couple of days because of preheating & 80/100 charging.

I have also seen this large discrepancy in miles per kWh between the car and Carwings. I logged a complaint with Nissan on-line chat last week, they could not respond directly.

It seems the measured kWh consumption in Carwings is too low. I normally charge to 80%, but one day I charged to 100% and drove 68 miles (mostly freeway), low batt warning with 3 miles to go, back home with 2 bars, 12 miles remaining estimated range indicated. Carwings said I used 16.7 kWh. Must have used more than that.

Back