Does Carwings work on Windows Phone 7?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lannierose

I am one of the world's few owners of a Windows Phone 7 smartphone. Does anybody know if it will work fine with Carwings? Is Carwings just a website I browse into?

No it doesn't. Carwings needs flash support ... just like the Leaf ordering site, so until Flash comes to WP7, Carwings won't work.

http://www.wpcentral.com/ie9-windows-phone-7-adobe-flash-demos-and-development-videos

Until Nissan lets you enable carwings, you can't visit the site.

https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login

Lannierose said:
Anybody try it with the iSwifter browser on iPad or iPhone?

Assuming it behaves the same way as Safari, then no. The mobile web version of the OP only gives you Car Status access, which basically allows the same stuff as the app (charging and cc start/stop), with a less elegant interface.

I did a Live Chat on the Nissan website, asking about an Android app. They said there is no news about Android... BUT... Windows Phone 7 should be getting an app in the next week or two!

intrepion said:
I did a Live Chat on the Nissan website, asking about an Android app. They said there is no news about Android... BUT... Windows Phone 7 should be getting an app in the next week or two!
Windows Phone!?!?!? OK, I'm used to companies doing their "i" apps first, but to do Windows Phone and not even have Android on the horizon...that's messed up.

Once again proof that Nissan does not have a clue about priorities.

intrepion said:

intrepion said:

wow I hope they gave wrong info... and it's Android app instead

but I just went to mobile version of the site and it works fine on Android.

https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login

intrepion said:
I doubt it. What they said was their website had a bug while forwarding windows phone to their mobile site. Fix for that should be here soon - though it didn't come last weekend as promised.

Android phone users, I was chatting on-line with a Nissan rep about a week ago and asked when they'd have an app for Android phones like they have for iPhones. The rep asked around and found out that their vendor who develops the apps is already working on an Android version. No ETA on that, but that's good news. Didn't ask about Windows 7 or other phone operating systems.

Back