Anyone else not able to activate Carwings account

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

My Nissan dashboard opened up Carwings today to enable me to activate it. Yet when I got transferred over to the Nissan owners page, I could not activate Carwings with my VIN and got the following error message:

"Update Vehicle

We were unable to activate your account. Please check the VIN to make sure it is correct and try again.

If the problem persists please call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV for assistance."

I chatted with Nissan CS and they said this is a new issue they haven't seen before. They said it may be because my Carwings unit was not activated at the factory like it was supposed to. They gave me a case # and said they'll get back to me.

I wonder if anybody else has had the same problem like this? I heard of one more member (Leafkabob) who said he has the same problem as I do. In fact, he bought from the same dealer as I did, Coulter Nissan in AZ. But I wonder if there are others who went through this before.

Volusiano said:
I heard of one more member (Leafkabob) who said he has the same problem as I do. In fact, he bought from the same dealer as I did, Coulter Nissan in AZ. But I wonder if there are others who went through this before.

Actually, my problem was different. When I activated carwings, I was able to see my VIN without problem. But when I tried to accept the carwings agreement, the spinning icon that shows it is processing just kept going -without ever finishing. I called CS chat and they offered to accept the agreement from their end. They also couldn't get it to accept and said they would forward the issue to another team.

I don't think my problem is a Coulter Nissan issue.

I've got same problem as leafkabob. My delivery week is the week of June 6th. When I try to accept and consent to the agreement, I got the check the VIN number message. I called the number listed. The CSR thinks that is there was something not set when the car was built and escalated to another team.

shay said:
I've got same problem as leafkabob. My delivery week is the week of June 6th. When I try to accept and consent to the agreement, I got the check the VIN number message. I called the number listed. The CSR thinks that is there was something not set when the car was built and escalated to another team.
Sounds like your problem is more like Volusiano's. All three of us are unable to get the carwings agreement to accept, but I don't get the "check VIN" message that you two are getting.

Same here. Just called the 877 number. They told me they were getting a number of calls on this and that they believe my VIN was not "activated" or "entered correctly" at the factory. They took my number and told me they would call when they got the problem corrected. (My delivery is Est. Week of June 8th)

I would not worry about it. It takes about three minutes and could just as easily be done at the dealer at time of delivery.
It is just not a big deal.

i had the IDENTICAL issue you had. carwings incorrectly registered your VIN.

it has to be escalated beyond Nissan tech support to Carwings. will take about a week.

I had same problem since I got my VIN on 04/08/11. I talk to Jesse from CS several times and he’s aware about this problem. I got my car on 05/04/11 , but problem was not fixed. But 3 days ago my Nissan Owners site allowed me to sign Carwings agreement and got the user name and password. When I tried to enter password into car’s Carwings “Sign in” page, I got message "No connection". I called tech support and they said the "small car" icon on top of the page should be white, not gray and in order to fix the problem I should take the car to dealer, where I purchased the car, in order to “Reset ECU”. Yesterday, I took the car to my dealer and they contacted Nissan’s Carwings tech support and they finally fixed the problem. Now I can access to my car’s Carwings information via my computer. The reason they tolled me was, that because ATT purchased T-Mobil all upgrades not done yet and after 06/01/11 all problems will be resolved. I don’t know, if this is true.
I hope this information will help you.

t-mobile conversion will take about 20 months to complete. you were fed a line.

and it was ATT that bought T-mobile. it will be the t-mobile system that will be doing the changing

Volusiano said:
"Update Vehicle

We were unable to activate your account. Please check the VIN to make sure it is correct and try again.

If the problem persists please call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV for assistance."[/b]
I had the same thing from the moment my dashboard showed a VIN number. After a couple of weeks I called the phone number to report it. I did not complain nor ask why their system wouldn't accept the VIN they gave it. I thought it would do me no good to put CS in the undignified position of having to spin another yarn about how the Carwings transponders were embedded in the back-ordered floor mats which were not able to transmit through the bee pollen while using the T-Mobile network. :)

After a week with no change, I contacted CS again through online chat. He said he saw my previous escalation, started to concoct some story about what was going on, and said he would have to call a supervisor. Again I didn't press him for explanations, because as I told him there was plenty of time before my car would be delivered, but just asked when it might be fixed and whether they would notify me or if I should just check back every few days. The need for the supervisor disappeared. I think one of their main jobs is as master story spinners.

He said it would take about a week and promised to email me. Three days later he phoned me to tell me it was fixed, as indeed it was. They did not change my VIN in the process.

I had the same problem as leafkabob. Not able to accept the carwings agreement. So, of course carwings did not work when I picked up my car which caused my salesman some grief. I called the nogasev number the next day and was told that this was a known issue and that they would have their IT person fix it. 5 days later I received the carwings e-mail with the pin number. I tried logging into the car and then had the problem that Volusiano describes. The next day before I could call and complain it started working completely. Now, if I could just get my charger installed...

Back