Low battery warning after update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gudy

I have never had a low battery warning since I got the update (the one for the AC bug).
Yesterday I drove home with only 1 bar left, and 7 or 8 miles of range remaining, but still hadn't had a low battery warning. Before the update it used to get triggered at about 2 bars left...

Has anyone experienced something similar ?

With 7 or 8 miles left, you might have almost the entire last nu-bar remaining, and the Low Battery warning apparently happens at a SOC closer to just half of a nu-bar.

If that is correct, then we get a warning (Low Battery) at a half nu-bar, then the miles estimate goes to "---" at about what? Maybe just before no nu-bars?

Then, with nothing remaining to be seen, do we get the Very Low Battery warning at -0.5 nu-bars?

Then, the Turtle Mode at -1.0 nu-bars?

garygid said:
With 7 or 8 miles left, you might have almost the entire last nu-bar remaining... blah blah...at -0.5 nu-bars?

Then, the Turtle Mode at -1.0 nu-bars?
Ok I have to ask, since that is a new term to me... What is a "nu-bar"?
I'm guessing you're referring to the SOC bars, but I'm at a loss where the nu comes from. :?

nissan unbelieveable?
not understandable?
In my case, maybe it should be called a noob-bar! :lol: :oops:

Rake said:
Ok I have to ask, since that is a new term to me... What is a "nu-bar"?
I'm guessing you're referring to the SOC bars, but I'm at a loss where the nu comes from. :?
Yes, the SoC bars. Gary just made that term up to refer to the behavior of those bars in cars that have last month's firmware update applied. It is clear that the update changed the timing on when the SoC bars disappear.

Ray

Back