780 Miles Over 24 Hours In A LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

It would seem some Dutch drivers had a day to kill. Planning a route between L3 Stations, they drove for 780 miles over a 24 hour period! Here is the link and Video:

http://www.allcarselectric.com/news/1060966_780-miles-in-a-2011-nissan-leaf-in-one-day-yes-but-video

I liked watching the Video just to see an L3 port getting used... ALOT! Afterwards, I wonder if Nissan called to discuss "recommended" charging habits with them??? :shock:

TRONZ said:
I liked watching the Video just to see an L3 port getting used... ALOT! Afterwards, I wonder if Nissan called to discuss "recommended" charging habits with them??? :shock:

You may have missed my post on another thread about DC fast charging. I talked to Brendan Jones, VP of Sales, and he told me that these battery packs were extensively tested to simulate 8 years of use and that it wouldn't degrade the pack DC charging less than 7 times in a day.

They have Leafs and L3 stations in the Netherlands?.. ohh the envy. Meanwhile Nissan CS continues to lie about when people will get the Leaves they reserved a year ago :)

This is also discussed in this thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1990&start=28
780 miles is just shy of the entire length of I-5 within the north and south boarders of California.

Dutch people seem to be just a little bit nutty. I put it down to Amsterdam and the Coffee Shops. Or maybe not being able to tell the girl prostitutes from the gurl prostitutes (hint: the gurls are in the windows with blue lighting!)

These drivers did not seem to be trying to find out much more than "what would happen". I think they did really well considering the varied speeds they drove at. I mean, we have seen that a LEAF can achieve max range (140ish miles) at about 38mph. This single charge distance would take 3.68 hours. Add in .33 hours for a L3 charge and each leg takes about 4 hours. If you did this 6 times (24 hours) you would go 840 miles... and be bored to tears!

840 is a round number and does not consider variables like arriving at each (well placed?) L3 just before turtle mode and only getting an 80% charge. But hay, I think these Dutch did OK.

That was interesting thank you..Nice to see a tiny country has fast chargers already installed..Maybe within the next ten years i can do my AZ to SoCal drive :x

mark13 said:
That was interesting thank you..Nice to see a tiny country has fast chargers already installed..Maybe within the next ten years i can do my AZ to SoCal drive :x
I got the impression that the company these guys work for makes fast chargers...?

But yeah, seeing that makes me think about a low-cost, zero-emission drive from NorCal to SoCal (Disneyland)!

mark13 said:
Maybe within the next ten years i can do my AZ to SoCal drive :x

Nah, I predict we will have those on I-10W before the end of 2012, unless something happens on Dec. 22, 2012. :shock:

mwalsh said:
Dutch people seem to be just a little bit nutty. I put it down to Amsterdam and the Coffee Shops. Or maybe not being able to tell the girl prostitutes from the gurl prostitutes (hint: the gurls are in the windows with blue lighting!)

I agree...I thought it was a great test until they got to the music at the very end (The "chicken dance" song.....GAH!!!)
:lol:

Back