The least number of mileage achieved on 100% charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be a lot of topics on how people are getting the maximum number of mileage on a complete charge.

It may be helpful to get an idea of what the least amount of charge you ended up getting on a complete charge. This may be helpful so that people are aware of the worse case scenario so that you don't end up stranded.

Today, I drove about 58 miles and barely made it home. I had 4 miles left according to the car. I drove mostly on the freeway going about 75 mph with air conditioning on about 50% of the time. I turned off the A/C on the way home as I was beginning to get concerned about making it home. Outside temperature was about 80 degrees.

Although I have not run my LEAF to empty from 100% as quickly as I could have, my "juice use" gets pretty high when I drive my usual 35 mile trip to work on the freeway. The LEAF will average 2.0-2.5 miles per kwh at 80+ on the freeway (lead foot included)... Of course having level II charging at both ends eliminates my "juice use" range anxiety... :cool:

juniorboy90210 said:
Today, I drove about 58 miles and barely made it home. I had 4 miles left according to the car. I drove mostly on the freeway going about 75 mph with air conditioning on about 50% of the time. I turned off the A/C on the way home as I was beginning to get concerned about making it home. Outside temperature was about 80 degrees.

Sounds about right. But it would have been better for you to slow down rather than turning off the A/C. Once you've had the A/C running for a while it takes very little energy to maintain temperature.

58 miles on a charge :shock: You must of been flooring it..I get ticked off when i only get a 110 miles with AC on per charge..

barely made it home eh?? ya, having that 3½ mile long driveway must have been a concern when the range estimate is only 4 miles.

lets talk about that range estimate. yesterday; to provide info for another post, i was going to run it down to turtle mode and find out how much it would take to recharge. for the first ~ 63 miles it was freeway at 70 mph. then the rest of it in town. i went to that very same 4 miles with 75 miles on the odometer. i finally hit the 2nd low batt warning and the "_ _ _" at 81.5 miles at which time, i got tired of driving around and parked it knowing that when i get to that _ _ _ reading that i probably have another 3-5 miles to go before turtle mode.

so its my contention that after "barely making it home" you could have done 3 laps to the local store and back and still have room to move.

60 sounds about right for me too. The freeway is your enemy. The freeway at > 60-65 will kill you quick.

Too be fair, you'd have to run it from 100% to turtle (or dead-on-the-street) to determine your least miles. Using the Guess-O-Meter to determine any residual miles would be bad form.

Otherwise, sure, I charged to 100% today, drove to the San Diego meet-up at Home Town Buffet today, and back home.

14 miles.

Back