Campground charging stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryC

When I received my Aug. Trailer Life magazine they had an interesting article regarding using RV parks as a place to charge your vehicle.

Per the article Gocampingamerica.com is creating a list of parks that offer refueling services. I found this list so far for the California parks. It gives the park name plus cost and services available.

http://camp-california.com/parks-with-electric-vehicle-charging-stations.html

$35 for one EV charge in Hesperia ???

Pricing like that will kill off this line of business, before it even gets started.

It is encouraging that the others are more reasonable, particularly the 30c per kwh park. I had 1 park charge me $5 in Texas, and another was free (in Dumas, TX).

That makes the price of gas look like a real deal!

AmarilloLeaf said:
$35 for one EV charge in Hesperia ???

Pricing like that will kill off this line of business, before it even gets started.

It is encouraging that the others are more reasonable, particularly the 30c per kwh park. I had 1 park charge me $5 in Texas, and another was free (in Dumas, TX).

It probably includes an overnight camping slot, and thats not a bad deal. Call them up and find out.. also find out what kind of service they offer 240V at 50A?

We want to encourage these kinds of things.. call RV campgrounds and ask, lets build a database.

Herm said:
It probably includes an overnight camping slot, and thats not a bad deal. Call them up and find out.. also find out what kind of service they offer 240V at 50A?

We want to encourage these kinds of things.. call RV campgrounds and ask, lets build a database.
Exactly. While RV business overall is slow, A 50 amp hookup on the July 4th weekend will probably tie up a valuable campsite. I have been charged $5-20 at the same park. It depends on traffic.

As to starting a database, Lets use the one(s) we have. Recargo.com and Carstations.com will allow you to add a site and post info about the site or your experience. While I was dismissive about these sites to beguine with, they have persevered and added utility to where they are truly useful. Until the market chooses one universal site for Charging Infrastructure, I would point you to these as helpful, searchable, and productive places to focus your efforts.

Thanks for the websites. I'll check them out!

In Stephenville, TX the city park allows overnight parking for FREE. For those traveling & needing to top off a charge, simply pull into the city park. Pretty campsites with hugh trees & plenty of shade, a live creek with ducks, & nice play equipment for the kids.

Slim in Texas

Back