kansas
Delivery Date: 19 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 302554

Alexa

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Nissan should add a skill for the Nissan LEAF to Amazon Alexa. It would be great if I could turn on climate control and find out how much charge I have with voice activation.

magico13

Re: Alexa

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:02 pm

I've actually done this. You can also turn on/off climate control and get the estimate of how much time is left for charging. But the way I did it requires your own hardware running 24/7 to actually make all the API calls to the car and requires a more involved setup than just activating a skill. A raspberry pi is more than enough in terms of hardware, and you could easily then integrate with LeafSpy or your wifi enabled EVSE for an all-in-one solution. If/when I get a wifi enabled EVSE I plan on making it so I can say "Alexa, tell the car to charge to 75%", then use LeafSpy to get the actual charge and use the EVSE's start/stop features since the Leaf can't stop charging on it's own (seriously Nissan?) If there's interest I'll gladly write a walkthrough of how to get it set up on a raspberry pi from start to finish and will post the code on github. I'm using Python and a library that someone else developed: https://github.com/jdhorne/pycarwings2

Someone else supposedly has something set up that doesn't require your own hardware and instead uses Amazon's web services. Check the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21284&p=480591&hilit=amazon+echo#p480591

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”