Please allow Bluetooth music streaming in 2013 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonMTL

Seems like the music streaming from a Bluetooth device to the stereo in the S model is non-functional. Hope they could do a quick update to the system to allow this. Not an expense at all, let's not cheap out S users!!! Or at least, allow an upgrade to Bose sound system in the S model!!!

Where can we write to Nissan about our enhancement requests?

It won't happen. The S was designed to be a less costly alternative and it is common practice for manufacturers to strip out functionality in the base model of any product. Cost is not a consideration, it is the ability to differentiate the more expensive product from the cheaper product...

SimonMTL said:
Seems like the music streaming from a Bluetooth device to the stereo in the S model is non-functional. Hope they could do a quick update to the system to allow this. Not an expense at all, let's not cheap out S users!!! Or at least, allow an upgrade to Bose sound system in the S model!!! Where can we write to Nissan about our enhancement requests?

The quality of the sound is noticeably much better thru Bluetooth, compared to connecting it via a cable into the AUX input.

Agree with TomT. The fact that you want this in the S is exactly what they are calculating. X% of users want that and will upgrade and pay for stuff they don't actually want to get it. A la carte pricing doesn't make economic sense.

I thought that maybe, MAYBE, it was an oversight on their part.

As for music quality, the direct USB connection will always be better than compressed Bluetooth streaming format.

I was quite underwhelmed with the 2012 SL sound system when I tried it the other day, and was hoping that the 2013 model might have better quality. Luckily I found this forum, with a lot of enthusiasts who have simply changed the speakers for the better. So all is not lost!!!

Back