Suggestion : Beep when "P" is engaged

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirenbrian

Hi,
I've had the car for a few days and the first thing I noticed was a hesitation and doubt in my mind when I hit the "P" button, because there's no auditory feedback that it actually put the car in "P". I park in a tight garage and it makes me nervous that when I take my foot off the brake, the car will roll forward and go crunch!

Yes, I could look at the "P" on the dash and the small light on the gear selector, but it seems like it would be an easy change to make a beep noise so I don't need to look around.

Just turn it off when you are parked and don't worry about it as that automatically actuates the park function.

sirenbrian said:
Hi,
I've had the car for a few days and the first thing I noticed was a hesitation and doubt in my mind when I hit the "P" button, because there's no auditory feedback that it actually put the car in "P". I park in a tight garage and it makes me nervous that when I take my foot off the brake, the car will roll forward and go crunch!

Yes, I could look at the "P" on the dash and the small light on the gear selector, but it seems like it would be an easy change to make a beep noise so I don't need to look around.

TomT said:
Just turn it off when you are parked and don't worry about it as that automatically actuates the park function.
That's what I do most of the time, but when I get home and am planning to charge the car I do explicitly put it in Park. That's because I write down the numbers and reset the trip odometer and m/kWh meter, things I obviously can't do after powering down, and don't feel comfortable doing depending on my foot on the brake pedal. But the first place I look in that case is the dash, and I'm pretty sure I'd notice if it didn't have that big P showing.

Ray

Back