Allow charge limit w/o using timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidgustaft

I always want to use the 80% charge limit. But I never want to use the charge timer. But if I want to limit the charge, the only way I can do that is through using the timer. Since I often don't want to deal with the timer (and often I want to start charging immediately) I frequently have the timer turned off. Then I have no choice but to charge to 100%, which I'd prefer not to do.

Nissan, please separate these two features so I can just leave my 80% limit on all the time! Thanks.

davidgustaft said:
I always want to use the 80% charge limit. But I never want to use the charge timer. But if I want to limit the charge, the only way I can do that is through using the timer. Since I often don't want to deal with the timer (and often I want to start charging immediately) I frequently have the timer turned off. Then I have no choice but to charge to 100%, which I'd prefer not to do.

Nissan, please separate these two features so I can just leave my 80% limit on all the time! Thanks.
Going by your delivery date, I presume that you have a 2012 model. Nissan has separated the 80%/100% levels from the charge timers in the 2013 models.

While I don't understand your antipathy toward the charge timers, for your purposes you can set a charge timer to 80% that will charge at any time. Set the start and end times to the same time (1 AM for both, for example — the actual time doesn't matter) seven days a week and the car will charge to 80% whenever you plug it in. To get 100%, just push the override button or turn the charge timers off. Easy.

Yes, it means you have a timer set. No, you don't have to fuss with it, the car will charge to 80% anytime you plug-in.

I have my onboard timer #1 set to start and finish at the same time (11pm) and with the 80% limit. So effectively I now have an 80%/100% button.
I then use the timer in my wall unit to start charging at Midnight.

Back