NISMO Controller Upgrade

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wennfred

I read somewhere about a NISMO Controller module upgrade which helps extends range and with a bump in performance, can anyone one direct me to where this Controller Upgrade module could be purchased or a website with info on it.

Thanks

Fred, San Diego Ca.

It will bump performance but its unlikely to extend range... I think it is something like $1,200 in Japan...

Wennfred said:
I read somewhere about a NISMO Controller module upgrade which helps extends range and with a bump in performance, can anyone one direct me to where this Controller Upgrade module could be purchased or a website with info on it.

It was discussed on the board here: http://insideevs.com/nismo-your-leaf-for-about-10000-or-just-swap-the-vcm-and-get-more-performance-for-1385/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wennfred said:
TomT said:
It will bump performance but its unlikely to extend range... I think it is something like $1,200 in Japan..
Thanks Tom, Do I have to go through Nissan to order this Controller of is there a NISMO Website that sells it.

It's my understanding that it has two modes, like the OEM controller, and the Eco mode does extend range if used properly. That's not to say that someone alternating between both modes would get better range overall...

Impressive! IMO, 1 second off of its 0-60 times would be totally worth the $1385. That increase there would make a significant improvement in its ability as an auto-Xer. Too bad it's not gonna be a DIY mod here for a while if ever.

Back