2 Annoyances

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdxc90

So far I am loving almost everything about my Leaf except its range. But there are two things that are driving me nuts!!!

1. The lack of illumination in the door lock/unlock button. The vehicle doors stay locked unless you turn off the "ignition" I have often found myself and specially the passenger fumbling to locate the door unlock button. Very annoying! Hope they fix it in future models :evil:

2. The Caller ID on Blue tooth displays only number and not names? Why the hell is that? Is there a fix?? :oops:

mdxc90 said:
1. The lack of illumination in the door lock/unlock button. The vehicle doors stay locked unless you turn off the "ignition" I have often found myself and specially the passenger fumbling to locate the door unlock button. Very annoying! Hope they fix it in future models

Well, the doors can be set to unlock when the car is placed in Park either a the dealer or if you get LEAF Spy Pro. The illumination would be more difficult

The Bluetooth issue, well not something that can be changed unless you change the whole unit, which given I have an S is on my radar.

jpadc said:
mdxc90 said:
1. The lack of illumination in the door lock/unlock button. The vehicle doors stay locked unless you turn off the "ignition" I have often found myself and specially the passenger fumbling to locate the door unlock button. Very annoying! Hope they fix it in future models

Well, the doors can be set to unlock when the car is placed in Park either a the dealer or if you get LEAF Spy Pro. The illumination would be more difficult

The Bluetooth issue, well not something that can be changed unless you change the whole unit, which given I have an S is on my radar.

Thank you. will ask the dealer if they can reprogram the door.

From the manual:
The automatic unlock function can be
deactivated or activated.
To deactivate or activate the automatic door
unlock system, perform the following procedure.
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the power switch in the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing step 2.
. Push and hold the power door lock
switch to the “UNLOCK” position
for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard warning lights
will flash twice. When deactivated, the
hazard warning lights will flash once.
5. The power switch must be placed in the
OFF and ON position again between each
setting change.
When the automatic door unlock system is
deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the
power is placed in the OFF position. To unlock
the door manually, use the inside lock knob or
the power door lock switch (driver’s or front
passenger’s side).

Just as in the quote above, all I can find in the 2013 Manual (the only one I have) is that the automatic unlock function can be de-activated or activated by pushing and hold the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position for more than 5 seconds. It does not seem to indicate that it can be changed to operate automatically when placed in Park versus powered off. Did I miss it?

Park is not an option.

jpadc said:
Just as in the quote above, all I can find in the 2013 Manual (the only one I have) is that the automatic unlock function can be de-activated or activated by pushing and hold the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position for more than 5 seconds. It does not seem to indicate that it can be changed to operate automatically when placed in Park versus powered off. Did I miss it?

Correct, you can only activate or deactivate the automatic locking operation manually. To change the option to Park, you need LeafSpy or the dealer Consult III.

While I appreciate that the doors unlock when I switch the power button off. It still does not solve my dilemma of fumbling in the dark for the unlock switch whenever the car is stopped and the passenger needs to get out.

I had the same problem. I got a cheap ($25!) Android phone, the ELM OBD-II device, and Leaf Spy Pro and changed it so it unlocks my doors when I press the Park button. Much more convenient. Actually, I'm quite surprised that isn't the default setting.

aarond12 said:
I had the same problem. I got a cheap ($25!) Android phone, the ELM OBD-II device, and Leaf Spy Pro and changed it so it unlocks my doors when I press the Park button. Much more convenient. Actually, I'm quite surprised that isn't the default setting.

Because it's not as safe: that's why it's not the default. As mentioned, you can set any combination via Consult (if you go to a dealer).l

mdxc90 said:
While I appreciate that the doors unlock when I switch the power button off. It still does not solve my dilemma of fumbling in the dark for the unlock switch whenever the car is stopped and the passenger needs to get out.
Well, I for one think its a lot easier if the doors all unlock when you hit the Park button while the car and all the lights are still on so the doors unlock then. You should probably at least be in Park mode before letting your passengers out of the car anyway for safety. I find it a much better setting than when you have to hit the Power button for all the doors to unlock. As I said earlier, to make "UNLOCK all doors when shifting to Park" the default setting you either need Leaf Spy Pro or see a dealer and ask them to make the setting change.

BrockWI said:
I have leafspy pro, where in there do you change it so the park button would unlock the doors?
Go to Settings and there is a Service Screen where you need to select Enable. Once its Enabled its the top choice on the Service Menu Screen

jpadc said:
BrockWI said:
I have leafspy pro, where in there do you change it so the park button would unlock the doors?
Go to Settings and there is a Service Screen where you need to select Enable. Once its Enabled its the top choice on the Service Menu Screen

Well that's the coolest thing I learned today. I always wondered where the tire and lock setup was.

Thanks!

Back